home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #271
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
I'm with you on the pop-up parades and the dining plans (those were always nothing but a negative to DVC members). I happen to be a fan of some sort of FP option.

As for character meets, that would depend on the structure. Pop-up meets with organized lines would be fine for us now. Having the old manner of wandering characters, however, would be a nightmare with the 'me first' culture we know these days. I will say that, when our kids were young, we liked knowing when and where to go with no concern of 'missing out' on the character. The DL style, even now, creates more opportunity for disappointed children. This is one thing I'd like to see function in the pre-Covid format.
Good points. The random characters without an organized line would be horrid. I do see how having a dedicated time/line for characters works best for those with children, I hadn't thought about that since we are old and the nieces and nephews are adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post
Agree about the cavalcades, have found these to be more enjoyable as well. Would still like to see the full formal parades at the parties however (MNSSHP, MVMCP, Villians..etc)

The dining plan for us has never seemed to work. We simple do not eat enough to get the value out of it. I also do not want to have to play the game of "what gets me the most bang for my buck" when I sit for dinner or get a snack.

I long for the return of fastpasses, just wishing the mouse has taken this time to improve the fastpass system (unlikely I know, but never give up hope!).
If they went back to old paper fastpasses (I know, not happening) I'd be okay with FP. But in the most current form, dislike them terribly. I'd rather have no FP at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
We didn't even know those parades were a thing until one came by as we were in Liberty Square. It seriously took two CMs longer to peel masking tape off the pavement than it took for the parade to go by. I refrained from suggesting that their crowd-control methodology could use some refinement.

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #272
chrisvee
One Bedroom

this isnít going to make me sell my points

absent financial hardship I told myself I would see this through to post-COVID Disney before making drastic decisions

but having to deal with my bags and reserve transportation with another company feels like work travel not vacation travel to me so I will miss the bubble
chrisvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #273
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The past few years, we average around 8 trips to WDW per year. This change will add $1280 to our Disney expenses. This is based on using our "guy" (not Brian, too demanding) charging us $80 each way. ($160 x 8 = $1280)

Damn right I am.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:52 PM   #274
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Damn right I am.
Probably would have to make a stop and help put furniture together or something.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:54 AM   #275
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Probably would have to make a stop and help put furniture together or something.
Iím good at furniture. I managed to take my quilting frame apart at the store and get the whole thing in my car. Car, not SUV. And I put it back together at home with no extra pieces!

Old 01-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #276
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post

I long for the return of fastpasses, just wishing the mouse has taken this time to improve the fastpass system (unlikely I know, but never give up hope!).
95% certain the FP system will be changed. Whether it improves it will depend on your personal preference. People have different views on the various possible systems. Weíll have to wait and see what the new system looks like and then no doubt we will have hundreds of pages of posts with the full range of reactions from love it to hate it, bewilderment and frustration. Happy times! 😁
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:49 AM   #277
Mox147
Two Bedroom

We have always used ME as it was part of the magic for us. I also loved that it was there when I take solo trips. One less thing to worry about. I guess itís time to try Uber.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #278
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

So Disney starts a dining plan. Restaurants are still varied and pretty good. Along comes Magical Express, no need for a car! Restaurants start becoming ď all the sameĒ and... more expensive! Ha! Disney has a captive audience, or so they thought. In comes Uber, Lyft, etc. Guests need nice meals... leave property in an Uber. Have food delivered to condos for free( for awhile)... then start a delivery charge. Disney wonders why they are footing the bill for ME.
Now... we have expensive crap restaurants, no Magical Express, no late Magic hours... and we never used the Dining plan!

Itís all about Streaming folks, WDW is a drain.

Sorry , rant over. Glad we were there for Camelot, one brief shining moment.
1990s, until about 2010. Tink has left the bldg and taken her pixie dust w her.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk and AKV Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF & Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #279
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

DME is a big hit for us. I budget our trips tightly, this will take away from what Disney gets as part of that budget. I do however understand trying to shave costs right now; hoping there is enough pressure when the parks start to fill up to have a return of the offering.

I also do not mind taking a Mears bus if they decide to make the offering independent, as long as it is much cheaper than an uber.

Absolutely no way I am riding a train with a weeks worth of luggage in tow. If they had something that chauffeured the luggage to your resort, then the train becomes more palatable.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 AM   #280
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
If people start pulling out in droves, it'll put the mouse in a pickle. They can either spend cash they don't have to ROFR or let the point value degrade.