home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #11
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMDVCer View Post
Here now at OKW and bought a mug. If you have a refillable mug they'll fill a separate cup with whatever you want. They're not checking rfid chips. They don't touch your mug because it might have covid coodies. You should be good to go with those old cups.

Reminds me of a trip prior to the RFID being used. I was at Wilderness lodge and I would go down to the QS in the morning and get a cup of coffee. I would sit there drinking my coffee and watching in disbelief how many people were using every type of refillable mug under the sun, so many people had paid nothing at all. Just walked right up and took what they wanted, then left.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #12
tgropp
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Well, sure. It's easy to steal now since they're not checking.

The coffee has never been chipped, so old mugs would always work. I did that exactly once. Then I realized what I had done was wrong and never did it again.

But we each set our limits where we choose.

Cheers.

If Disney offered the poster a lifetime deal on his or her refillable mug, is it stealing to go and get a beverage? To me, a deal is a deal with no limits attached. To accuse one of stealing is well.... Judge not, yet he be judged.
Dec 2014: VWL
Christmas 2013: VWL / BCV
Feb2013: AKV/Western Fantasy/BCV
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riveria
Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010 : VWL
Nov 2009: BCV :
Dec 2008 : VWL/AKV
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL
Feb 2007: Dolphin/Magic Crusie/VWL/OKW
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL / Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New Years 2000: WL/BC
Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996: WL Jr Suite
Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992: CBR
1989/1983/ 1981: Offsite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:03 PM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgropp View Post
If Disney offered the poster a lifetime deal on his or her refillable mug, is it stealing to go and get a beverage? To me, a deal is a deal with no limits attached. To accuse one of stealing is well.... Judge not, yet he be judged.
If that was truly the advertised deal, fair enough and I stand (sit) corrected for this particular case. Of course, it was someone other than OP (who may, or may not have been offered the deal) who offered the suggestion.

As to my being judged, I have no problem with that. I often learn from it.

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; 01-13-2021 at 02:56 PM.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:19 PM   #14
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
If that was truly the advertised deal, fair enough and I stand (sit) corrected for this particular case. Of course, it was someone other than OP (who may, or may not have been offered the deal) who offered the suggestion.

As to my being judged, I have no problem with that. I often learn from it.

Cheers.
Yup, my first trip in 1990 mugs were advertised as lifetime use. I still have the mugs, they were the wider style that don't fit in a cup holder in a car. I don't use them because who knows what type of plastic they were made out of LOL But I can't part with them because they were our first, and they have a Halloween design, and i think they glow in the dark - at least the plastic looks like it would

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:31 PM   #15
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
Yup, my first trip in 1990 mugs were advertised as lifetime use. I still have the mugs, they were the wider style that don't fit in a cup holder in a car. I don't use them because who knows what type of plastic they were made out of LOL But I can't part with them because they were our first, and they have a Halloween design, and i think they glow in the dark - at least the plastic looks like it would
Thanks. Then I definitely apologize to anyone offered the same who actually takes advantage of what they were promised at the moment. I jumped to a conclusion based on my experience (first time I bought one it was not chipped but was listed as "length of stay.").

Now, for the rest of us...

Cheers.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:01 PM   #16
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
The coffee has never been chipped, so old mugs would always work. I did that exactly once. Then I realized what I had done was wrong and never did it again.
You realized just how bad that coffee was, and you said, "never again."

Maybe I'm thinking of the cruise line coffee, that stuff was yuk.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:15 PM   #17
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
You realized just how bad that coffee was, and you said, "never again."

Maybe I'm thinking of the cruise line coffee, that stuff was yuk.
Well, even though I like good coffee (Peet's darker roasts), it may be that I only think I like better coffees since I don't find the Joffrey's packets to be not too bad.

I don't remember their store coffee, but I can't imagine that it's too terrible. But it could just be me

Cheers.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #18
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Same holds true for me and my Mickey popcorn holder. When purchased, without even inquiring, I was told by the CM it has lifetime free refills. Since then, have been charged $2 when I go to refill it. I guess I can ask next time when the change took place but it is what it is.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:10 PM   #19
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I have glass (yep, glass) mugs from another theme park that we bought with forever refills. They have since banned those glass mugs from the park (wonder why?) but they are still cool souvenirs. And we still use them. Our Mickey mugs are used for hot chocolate, etc.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #20
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks. Then I definitely apologize to anyone offered the same who actually takes advantage of what they were promised at the moment. I jumped to a conclusion based on my experience (first time I bought one it was not chipped but was listed as "length of stay.").

Now, for the rest of us...

Cheers.
To clarify, Id never try to make good on the lifetime purchase. For one, as I said Id never drink out of it, I am sure its worse than BPA plastic also I dont want to have to pack them and last its been over 20 years. That was our first trip and frankly never thought wed go back we would just buy new mugs.

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote