home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #21
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Wrong year - Pres's week was last year I wish we would overlap!

So after saying we weren't planning on going now....

.... HOLD THE PRESSES! b/c of lockdown here & now DD has the 22nd off from school & schools here cancelled mid-terms b/c of school's being 100% remote still - we're now thinking of going Jan 22-25 this year! I've got things on hold tonight while we sleep on it. But the family was pretty excited at the thought.

@ajc and @brian5581 you've been warned!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
I would love to meet other mouseowners. We will be around from today till Jan 18 then will be back on Jan 22-26. Does any one want to due a meet n greet at the arts festival?
Quote:
If we make it down then Sat Jan 23rd at Epcot somewhere in the evening makes total sense!

Sounds good to me!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:01 PM   #22
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
I would love to meet other mouseowners. We will be around from today till Jan 18 then will be back on Jan 22-26. Does any one want to due a meet n greet at the arts festival?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
We are going Jan 17 to 24. I love the dioramas and chalk art. I am looking forward to the open kitchens and voices of liberty singing Disney songs.
Brian, maybe we will see you. PM me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sounds good to me!
Alright crew unless someone comes down w/ Covid between now and Friday - we're a go! Sat night the 23rd at Epcot World Showcase? As Brian nows from previous meetups the American pavillon w/ the picnic tables works well.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:34 AM   #23
PSULion22
Grand Villa

We actually prefer the food offerings at the Festival of the Arts and Flower and Garden to Food and Wine.

We are here now for just one night 1/16-17 after deciding to take a super last minute trip (I booked one night at the Courtyard on Vineland yesterday). Our dog is having CrCL surgery next week, and then another on the other knee in hopefully 3 weeks, then would need 3 months of recovery, so this was the last weekend we’d be able to come again until May. We’re planning our wedding and want to at least peek in the windows at the Atlantic Dance Hall, our reserved venue, before deciding, and thought May was too long to wait. Add in the food from Festival of the Arts, and having to work a daytime wedding in Port St Lucie, which is halfway to Disney for us, it just seemed too good to not take advantage of.

And as sign it was meant to be, we walked by Gideon’s tonight at 10:30, not even knowing it was open, and they told us they were going to take walk ups. We ended up only waiting 15 minutes to get in! Considering the virtual wait was 11 hours this morning, we’ll take it as an awesome surprise! The cookies and cake were incredible. And I don’t even really like cookies or peanut butter (it was peanut butter, banana, double chocolate cake).

Last edited by PSULion22; 01-17-2021 at 01:39 AM.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:14 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
We actually prefer the food offerings at the Festival of the Arts and Flower and Garden to Food and Wine.
Us too! We discovered the Festival Last year and was quite pleased. The Art Booths really added a lot to walking around Epcot.

Quote:
We are here now for just one night 1/16-17 after deciding to take a super last minute trip (I booked one night at the Courtyard on Vineland yesterday). Our dog is having CrCL surgery next week, and then another on the other knee in hopefully 3 weeks, then would need 3 months of recovery, so this was the last weekend we’d be able to come again until May. We’re planning our wedding and want to at least peek in the windows at the Atlantic Dance Hall, our reserved venue, before deciding, and thought May was too long to wait. Add in the food from Festival of the Arts, and having to work a daytime wedding in Port St Lucie, which is halfway to Disney for us, it just seemed too good to not take advantage of.
I hope surgery goes well for your dog. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!!! What are your other venue choices? I just love a Disney wedding!

Quote:
And as sign it was meant to be, we walked by Gideon’s tonight at 10:30, not even knowing it was open, and they told us they were going to take walk ups. We ended up only waiting 15 minutes to get in! Considering the virtual wait was 11 hours this morning, we’ll take it as an awesome surprise! The cookies and cake were incredible. And I don’t even really like cookies or peanut butter (it was peanut butter, banana, double chocolate cake).
Excellent score! I am looking forward to trying the cookies, but will never wait in a line more then 5-10 minutes.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #25
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Alright crew unless someone comes down w/ Covid between now and Friday - we're a go! Sat night the 23rd at Epcot World Showcase? As Brian nows from previous meetups the American pavillon w/ the picnic tables works well.

Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post

First, best wishes on your dog’s surgery. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Very nice on the last-minute trip. Excellent on getting into Gideon’s! That cake sounds quite tasty, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Excellent score! I am looking forward to trying the cookies, but will never wait in a line more then 5-10 minutes.

Agreed.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #26
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Us too! We discovered the Festival Last year and was quite pleased. The Art Booths really added a lot to walking around Epcot.
some of the art is really amazing, like Gary McCollough’s Dream It, Do it, that has characters and Disney symbols hidden in the Tree of Life. Paige O’Hara was there signing her art last year, which was neat to see and meet her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
First, best wishes on your dog’s surgery. Hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Quote:
I hope surgery goes well for your dog.
Thanks! We hope it all goes well too. She’s in for a long, difficult recovery. But she’s also in a tremendous amount of pain right now, so it will be worth it if it fixes her.

Quote:
Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!!! What are your other venue choices? I just love a Disney wedding!
Quote:
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
Also thanks! We’re still in the very early planning stages, but do have ADH booked for a reception followed by a fireworks dessert party on the island in France. We honestly don’t have another venue choice in our real budget. The only other place we really like is the Living Seas salon above Coral Reef in Epcot, but it carries a nearly double event minimum. We don’t want to have the reception in a hotel ballroom, even a nice one at Disney, so that limits our choices. So far, we don’t have a plan for a ceremony yet. The good news is that we got another huge dose of pixie dust this afternoon. We were peeking in the doors at the ADH and there was a group of security guards hanging around nearby. They saw us lingering and one came over to ask what we were doing. When we explained that we had it reserved for our wedding but hadn’t actually seen inside, HE WENT AND GOT THE KEY!!!! So we were able to see it, and we liked it even more than we thought we would! It was so much Disney magic, we couldn’t believe he did that!

Quote:
Quote:
Very nice on the last-minute trip. Excellent on getting into Gideon’s! That cake sounds quite tasty, indeed.

Agreed.
Yeah, I wouldn’t have waited more than 15-20 minutes. It is really excellent if you want a sweet, much better than Sprinkles. But it’s most certainly not worth waiting hours or making special plans to come back. It was opening day though, so hopefully it’s not the norm.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #27
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Also thanks! We’re still in the very early planning stages, but do have ADH booked for a reception followed by a fireworks dessert party on the island in France. We honestly don’t have another venue choice in our real budget. The only other place we really like is the Living Seas salon above Coral Reef in Epcot, but it carries a nearly double event minimum. We don’t want to have the reception in a hotel ballroom, even a nice one at Disney, so that limits our choices. So far, we don’t have a plan for a ceremony yet. The good news is that we got another huge dose of pixie dust this afternoon. We were peeking in the doors at the ADH and there was a group of security guards hanging around nearby. They saw us lingering and one came over to ask what we were doing. When we explained that we had it reserved for our wedding but hadn’t actually seen inside, HE WENT AND GOT THE KEY!!!! So we were able to see it, and we liked it even more than we thought we would! It was so much Disney magic, we couldn’t believe he did that!
That was so great for the guard to let you in to see the venue.

DS got married on the beach at Beach Club. Their reception was held in Canada, on the upper level, back where the overlook is next the the waterfall. That area is so pretty, romantic, private for the reception at night. Disney actually ropes off the whole upper level for your event.

DD wants to have her reception in Animal Kingdom. There are two reception locations she likes, both would be at night. She is not getting married any time soon, nor is she anywhere near that level of relationship with a guy right now.....but that has always been her dream wedding/reception location.

If you have time (ha ha), you should start a casual thread on your Disney wedding journey. We all can use a good and happy Disney read these days.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #28
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

2 Hours!

Woo Hoo!

I am going to get 2 hours in Epcot on the evening of Monday Feb. 8th so will get to visit FOTA and taste some food offerings! Thought I was going to get shut out this year but stopping by on way from Jacksonville to Clearwater for a conference!

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #29
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
some of the art is really amazing, like Gary McCollough’s Dream It, Do it, that has characters and Disney symbols hidden in the Tree of Life. Paige O’Hara was there signing her art last year, which was neat to see and meet her.

Thanks! We hope it all goes well too. She’s in for a long, difficult recovery. But she’s also in a tremendous amount of pain right now, so it will be worth it if it fixes her.

Yeah, I wouldn’t have waited more than 15-20 minutes. It is really excellent if you want a sweet, much better than Sprinkles. But it’s most certainly not worth waiting hours or making special plans to come back. It was opening day though, so hopefully it’s not the norm.

Very very cool! So great that you were let inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
2 Hours!

Woo Hoo!

I am going to get 2 hours in Epcot on the evening of Monday Feb. 8th so will get to visit FOTA and taste some food offerings! Thought I was going to get shut out this year but stopping by on way from Jacksonville to Clearwater for a conference!

Nice!
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #30
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Festival

Not a good time of the year for us, but it looks really good. We were able to catch food and wine this year and this looks almost like a bigger selection. Are the portions about the same as food and wine or are these bigger? Is this about the same menu they normally have and is it always this same time of year?
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote