home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2021, 09:17 AM   #61
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

That's not a comment, it's a suggestion!
Unfortunately, that's a horse, not an owner who can't read.

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 AM   #62
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
Dirk - Rules are only for the "little people". Us important people don't need any "stinkin rules". Everyone else should know what we mean and act accordingly.

I write the above as I am "hip deep" in updating my syllabi for classes that started in about 10 days. The last time I taught this courses, they went off the rails and I did not bother to physically go to class for the rest of the semester.

I try to be precise in my rules since certain students will push the boundaries. These are typically the students where if they put the same effort into the class as trying to skirt the rules, they would be doing much better. For the vast majority of my students, some of my detailed rules are not needed but that is also true in life.
I don't envy you dealing with COVID and students right now!!

When I was in college, I did my share of skipping out on things, but always in the context of the rules. In one class, the professor even said, "The test is based on the book. I don't take attendance. Do what you want." I did, and earned $6/hr for six more hours that week (which in 1986 meant something). And I got my 4.0

I still have nightmares in which he changes the test dates and announced the new dates in a class I miss.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #63
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

It's a tough job and I appreciate all the admins!
Old 01-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #64
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Perfect, youíve nailed it for sure! Problem solved, just post it at the top of every RTTB sub-forum and your problems are over.

Note I take no responsibility for any failure of this plan. You canít fix stupid.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote