home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #1
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Default Incredibles 2 - no spoilers

We just went tonight to watch the Incredibles 2. I loved it! but....DH and DS's (18 & 16) thought it was just okay. they felt the movie focused too much on elastagirl and that Mr. incredible looked weak. I disagree with them.
We all loved Jack-jack and Edna.
I give it 5/5 - my boys and DH give it 2.5/5
Old 06-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

I thought SOLO was more fun than Incredibles2 !!!!
My advice see Solo before it is gone from big screen. I have seen this twice , will not watch I-2 ever again...
I-2 was too long and just too much and I was so excited to se this opening night , left kinda disappointed.
Actually enjoyed the previews more.
And can somebody explain the Pixar short ending. Did I miss something when real child appeared? I get that it was a spin on Gingerbread Man, etc... and loving somebody to death!

Oh I loved Edna Mode (?) and wish she was in more of the plot. Want to tour her home!

Last edited by MMC1; 06-16-2018 at 11:22 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #3
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I thought SOLO was more fun than Incredibles2 !!!!
My advice see Solo before it is gone from big screen. I have seen this twice , will not watch I-2 ever again...
I-2 was too long and just too much and I was so excited to se this opening night , left kinda disappointed.
And can somebody explain the Pixar short ending. Did I miss something when real child appeared? I get that it was a spin on Gingerbread Man, etc... and loving somebody to death!
I think I figured out the short movie...the son was getting married and the mom was not very happy about it, so she dreams of him as her little dumpling, and in her dreams basically suffocates him then feels bad, she wakes up and her and the son make peace. He gets married and they live happily ever after

Yes I was very excited for I-2. My boys and DH were excited too, DS 18, wanted to go opening night. He was ready to walk out 3/4 way through the movie. He was very disappointed in how Mr. Incredible was portrayed- he thought he was very weak
Old 06-16-2018, 11:25 PM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

Totally missed that plot with the Pixar Short... wasn't he a dumpling when he started dating? When was the human child introduced in storyline?
Why do I care? haha
Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

And the plot with the new monorail not working properly... no surprise there.

actually now that I think about it seems rather insensitive on behalf of Disney considering the terrible monorail accident that backed into the front of another a few years ago at WDW.

Last edited by MMC1; 06-17-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:56 PM   #6
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

We saw Incredibles 2 last night and all really enjoyed it. It’s been a long time since Ive seen the first but now I’ll have to watch it again to compare. The kids just saw the first one recently (on Netflix?). I2 had some really funny parts. Jack-Jack is a hoot in I2.

Last edited by JCinWonderland; 06-17-2018 at 11:32 AM.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #7
BobParr
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Yes I was very excited for I-2. My boys and DH were excited too, DS 18, wanted to go opening night. He was ready to walk out 3/4 way through the movie. He was very disappointed in how Mr. Incredible was portrayed- he thought he was very weak
Completely agree with your son. I'm so tired of Disney bashing me over the head with their views. I LOVE strong women, and none of those that I admire feel they need to diminish the men around them to be strong. Cheap out for Disney.

Helen is awesome, has always been smarter and more mature than Bob, and equally as talented. I understand Bob needing an epiphany about how hard daily parenting is. But sheesh, make the point and move on already.
BobParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 AM   #8
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I think I figured out the short movie...the son was getting married and the mom was not very happy about it, so she dreams of him as her little dumpling, and in her dreams basically suffocates him then feels bad, she wakes up and her and the son make peace. He gets married and they live happily ever after
Ooooooooh. Good idea. I hadn't viewed the first 3/4 of the film as a dream sequence ... but it sure could have been. Sure, she is in (on?) bed when she and the son resolve the problem. Thanks for sharing this perspective.

As it was, we failed to understand the short film as presented. The fellow seated next to me (softly) exclaimed, "Oh, so DARK!" when she ate the dumpling-man-child. None of us understood "in real time" ...??
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #9
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I had tickets for 2pm, walked in at 2:03 and the movie had already started. No shorts, no trailers, WTF?

Anyway, I liked Incredibles2. It was exactly as expected.

And agreed, enough with the message movies already. Women are superior, everyone is superior to straight white males...we know already.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib
9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas
BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year
5/2019 ? - Fantasy - ? Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #10
OldHalfElf
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I strongly agree with the recommendation to see Solo on the the big screen while it is there. My spouse and I went to see it again last night. It had only one "prime time showing" but the theater was full. I will be interested to see how long the theater offers it to the diehard fans.

With respect to Incredibles II: Beyond the regular preview, the theater chain we patronize carries a pre-show hosted by Maria Menounos. The Incredibles II promotion within it included interleaved short, apparently staged interviews with the human voice actors from the movie. I felt it had been written to set up Mr. Incredible to be rather dim and inconsequential. I suppose that constitutes fair warning.

OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote