home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #51
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
I'm not defending him. Just he is stupid enough to do that....he might use a dumbass excuse. Jezz..read all the posts.

But private property pretty much trump's anything.
I realize you are not defending him because I did read all the posts.
Just don’t know why what he might claim comes into play. Anyone can claim anything. Doesn’t mean a thing, in the real world.
Private property along with public property, there are still rules and consequences.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #52
richviii
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacast View Post
If we had a sign for everything we shouldn't do, the whole world would be filled with signs like "Keep head above water" by our sinks. "Don't run people over" in our cars.
At BLT now and noticed, painted every five feet is “Step Down” on the curb. Again, I thought this was an obvious thing to do but I am sure someone fell and hence the signs reminding people to climb down from the curb.

2018 Apr - BCV

2018 Sept - BLT

2018 Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT

Recent
2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT

2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:41 PM   #53
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
At BLT now and noticed, painted every five feet is “Step Down” on the curb. Again, I thought this was an obvious thing to do but I am sure someone fell and hence the signs reminding people to climb down from the curb.
People are stupid.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:02 AM   #54
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
People are stupid.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:09 AM   #55
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

Any follow up to that story? Did the guys get banned for life?

No trips to WDW planned until at least 2020

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry

OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"

Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR
March 2010 - HHI
December 2010 - Kidani
January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months)
November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
OttawaWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #56
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

No updates, but during our trip in November, I noticed two young ladies, probably early 20's, climbing up on the dinosaur statues to take pictures. Since they were constantly looking around to see if anyone noticed, I can only assume that they knew darned well that climbing on the statues isn't allowed.
Later in the day, I saw another group of slightly older ladies taking turns climbing on another statue to take pictures. Not children, adults! What in the world goes through people's minds?
Old 12-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #57
bwvBound
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Later in the day, I saw another group of slightly older ladies taking turns climbing on another statue to take pictures. Not children, adults! What in the world goes through people's minds?
I'm guessing they saw the DVC video where the family is filmed perched in/on a statue in London (?). Thus, it stands to reason, that if Disney approves of its Vacation Club Members climbing statues when away from WDW it must also be OK for guests to climb statues while visiting WDW. Right? Logical to me?
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote