home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #41
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
You will be surprised to know that most of the dvc owners does not know what the current use yr means. They think with calendar year.
Many also think you cannot book until the UY opens ignoring the 7/11 windows.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #42
iheartglaciers
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unveilmyeyes View Post
And even if no trips planned, you could sell those points and even accounting for MF would in theory reduce your buy-in cost esp compared to a higher buy-in cost... I wouldn't deplete my savings account to try to jump ahead of the curve but I agree with pdude81 there are compelling reasons to buy now rather than wait.
Yeah I think you guys have convinced me to just add on after we close. I don't need the points right away (I'll be booking our first trip with the resale points), but the savings is small v. risking prices going up or points not being available. Thanks!!
iheartglaciers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #43
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
So true...that is the biggest misconception I think.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:49 PM   #44
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
So true...that is the biggest misconception I think.
There was someone elsewhere who wouldn't believe how it really worked. We kept trying to tell her and she wound up getting mad at us for not believing her. She was an owner for a long time too
Old 12-08-2017, 10:16 PM   #45
disney65
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
There was someone elsewhere who wouldn't believe how it really worked. We kept trying to tell her and she wound up getting mad at us for not believing her. She was an owner for a long time too
Yep, saw that too many times.

My Trip Reports

Photobucket has disabled 3rd party hosting, so none of the photos are visible, will move to some other site soon.

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #46
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

If adding on the month of your uy or just afterwards, you do lose out on the extra points no mfs.

CCVs extra points were a little different this year with new Resort open. 2016 points were given to anyone purchasing a CCV contract with a uy starting after Resort open. July forward. I think June uy and earlier didnt get the free 2016 points because the Resort wasnt open yet. Also, if you waited till uy or after, no 2016 points given which is the same as any direct Resort.

Re a small add on; I purchased 25 AKV June uy add on in May, 2017. I received 2016 points banked into 2017. $165/point plus around $100 closing costs. No mfs on the 2016 points. In June, 2017 I got a bill for $100 for the prorated mfs on the 2017 points. They are prorated from day of purchase through end of year. Had I waited till June, 2017 to purchase the add on Id only have received 2017 points and still paid about the same in prorated mfs for the 2017 points.

25 points isnt that big a deal but for a larger purchase it makes a difference if purchase timed right. Someone purchasing a direct ccv December uy contract today doesnt get the 2016 banked points. Anyone who purchased December uy ccv November 30 or earlier did get the banked 2016 points no mfs which if rented at say, $16/point effectively reduced their cost $16/point.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote