home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default DVC Fireworks Cruises - Each Wednesday

Fireworks Cruise

Savor a complimentary assortment of treats each Wednesday when you book a Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise. Before departing from Disney's Contemporary Resort, indulge your palate in lavish delicacies like champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Then, once you've embarked, bear witness to premium, unobstructed views of the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular fireworks, as seen from picturesque Seven Seas Lagoon. Two pontoon boats available for this experience—each one accommodating as many as 10 Guests.
Fireworks Cruise
  • Wednesday Evenings – Starting February 19, 2014
  • $85 per person
Old 02-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Suflay
Grand Villa

That's a heck of a lot extra to pay for champagne and strawberries. Couldn't you could get a group of up to 10 DVC friends together and rent the whole boat for about $350? Why does the price soar every time Disney offers something "special" for DVC owners? Sorry, feeling a little grumpy today.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suflay View Post
That's a heck of a lot extra to pay for champagne and strawberries. Couldn't you could get a group of up to 10 DVC friends together and rent the whole boat for about $350? Why does the price soar every time Disney offers something "special" for DVC owners? Sorry, feeling a little grumpy today.
Its a way for members to do it without paying for a full boat.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds nice to me, especially since aside from Christmastime I'm unlikely to find 9 others with whom to split the cost.

Unfortunately my trips rarely include Wednesdays...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sounds nice to me, especially since aside from Christmastime I'm unlikely to find 9 others with whom to split the cost.

Unfortunately my trips rarely include Wednesdays...
I was thinking for that price and not having to book the whole boat, I'd actually do it. It's a pontoon boat, though, so I don't think it's the standard boats they use from the Grand Floridian. I wonder if it also includes a tour of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, or just shuttles you into place ASAP.

Also, wonder if the music is piped in . . .

We did a cruise once where our boat didn't have the music, but we anchored next to two that did so we got the music.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
RockinRobyn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I was thinking for that price and not having to book the whole boat, I'd actually do it. It's a pontoon boat, though, so I don't think it's the standard boats they use from the Grand Floridian. I wonder if it also includes a tour of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, or just shuttles you into place ASAP.

Also, wonder if the music is piped in . . .

We did a cruise once where our boat didn't have the music, but we anchored next to two that did so we got the music.

Dirk
I'm pretty sure that they now all have the music piped in
RockinRobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Lukasmom2008
One Bedroom

sounds nice with that view of the fireworks but expensive especially if children don't have a lower price
Lukasmom2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #8
4boyz
One Bedroom

Late posting on this.
We went on Wednesday September 23rd 2015. Fortunately our 30th Anniversary.

I highly recommend the cruise. On our boat there were 4 couples.
The chocolate covered strawberries and champagne were served on the dock prior to your boating excursion. There was plenty for everyone and the server kept topping up the champagne. Snacks on the boat were bags of snack items, pop and water.

The captain made all the difference in the experience. We had a Disney employee that had been working at Disney World since day 1 and had all kinds of stories about what we were seeing as we made our way from the Contemporary to in front of the Magic Kingdom.

The weather was beautiful and the view spectacular. It was one of those experiences that you will talk about for years to come and was the highlight of our last trip. The music is piped in and you get the full fireworks experience.

Yes, I will say it...snuggled up with your loved one under the stars at the most magical place on earth viewing the fireworks is romantic.

If you are looking for something different to do at Disney this was something we felt was worth the money and a memorable experience.
Not something for everyone but definitely worth doing once.

Book it before its gone.
MOD#114

Last edited by 4boyz; 11-06-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: addition
4boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #9
grayandry
Grand Villa

Sounds interesting, but I can find much better uses for that amount of money than to sit on a boat and watch fireworks. Plus, I don't like champagne or strawberries, so...
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM   #10
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Hum. We rented a pontoon one morning earlier this year and had a blast with it. This strawberry and champagne deal seems like something we could drop our DD off at one of the kids clubs and enjoy as a couple. It's more than the Pirate's and Pals, but might be worth it to celebrate something special.

Thanks for the review!

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote