home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Riviera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
When will the new DVC open at Riviera? I think this will help keep BWV and BCV from being to flooded. But I know Im banking our points there to have plenty for the fall of 2019.
I googled it and riviera supposed to open fall 2019.

So im thinking maybe a little later like by thanksgiving

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #12
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffybear32830 View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I was interested in renting points for March this year but I guess that I probably waited too late. I requested a quote for March 10-14 and/or March 10-17 at BWV, WL (either), or AKL and nothing was available.

For future reference, do I need to be at the 7 month mark to get those for a spring break trip (mid March is our spring break)?
I have found that you need to own at Boardwalk to book a standard view and boardwalk view units. There are some months where you can find rooms less than 7 months out.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:43 PM   #13
Fiveresorts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I googled it and riviera supposed to open fall 2019.

So im thinking maybe a little later like by thanksgiving

Goldi
So more than likely right in line with Star Wars
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #14
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
When will the new DVC open at Riviera? I think this will help keep BWV and BCV from being to flooded. But I know Im banking our points there to have plenty for the fall of 2019.
This is too funny because you are saving up for the Star Wars Land opening where we are going to avoid the parks like the plague for at least a year after SWL opens.

We are planning on taking a Disney break after our Winter or Spring (dates TBD) 2019 trip until 2021. I know a lot of the new rides are opening in 2021 for the 50 year anniversary, but we can't stay away forever. We figure this gives the parks at least some time to die down from the SWL craziness...hopefully not only to be replaced by the 50th anniversary craziness...I know I know!

To the OP, you need to book 11 months out if you can, but definitely be ready at 7 months out. Also, you need to be flexible about your room type. I am simply agreeing with what others have said. If you book the first week or so in March though, the need to book so far out isn't as great. Spring break really amps up that second full week of March.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:06 PM   #15
duffybear32830
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'll have to wrap my head around planning this far in advance. I would totally buy at BWV just due to Star Wars speculation if I can convince DH!

We've stayed at the Swan/Dolphin more than anywhere else thanks to lots of SPG points. It's a solid plan for us as we're only a family of 3. One night our spring break week (March 13th is unavailable at either) grr .. so maybe a split stay for us that week. Although I've been in the same situation before and they just magically open up.
duffybear32830 is offline   Reply With Quote