home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #51
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Not that I know of. But we, as the public, are.

Cheers.
true; you vote with your $ and feet.
(meaning it's a free market move to other services)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #52
ajc
Two Bedroom

we are kinda stuck; with a personal ECV for hubby plus luggage, the cost and time starts to climb to negotiate a vehicle for transport or a rental car expense to and from vs one way with drop fee. I will just use DME as a intro and exit for the WDW experience and enjoy cocktails before the airport since Disney's Drivin' (we DON'T do departing AM flights!)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #53
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
Amazon Now is also a good option if you are a prime member. They deliver to bell hop just like Garden Grocer and the others. Prices are subject to vary, but we found they were significantly cheaper than Garden Grocer last fall.
We used Instacart with great success. The price was reasonable and it's our go-to method now. Our local Wegman's partners with them, too, so we've used them locally when life has been too crazy to grocery shop.

As long as charges are reasonable, I don't penny-pinch on grocery delivery - just give me the service with the greatest selection and reliability. Instacart fills that niche nicely.

Dirk
Old 01-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #54
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
It helps to talk to yourself when first entering the ME line to fool yourself into hoping this will be the shortest line you will probably see for the next however many days of visit. Try not to think about the cost.
...and you can see the beginning of the line. It doesn't loop around and go through other terminals before it comes back our near the bus loading area...
Old 01-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #55
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
If you are going to take an Uber on departure day -- just use the curb side baggage check at your hotel like you normally would so you don't have to deal with your checked bags. Other than that, when you're done at the parks, get to a spot where Uber can pick you up and use the app to request a ride. I'd imagine the cost is between $20-$40 from WDW to MCO.
We were forced to stay at the Dolphin for one hold-over night and was quoted $20-$30 by Concierge for a Lyft ride to MCO (saying a cab is $70). Because the three of us had luggage (Dolphin doesn't send ahead) and carry-ons, we needed Lyft Plus for a larger car. The cost was $45.09 plus tip. 39 minutes and 48 seconds door-to-door.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #56
Boundin'
Grand Villa

DME benefits Disney more than the users. Pre-DME I rented a car, bought groceries, went to Universal and other non-Disney places. Now, because I'm lazy and content, I'm in the bubble from start to finish, spending money only on Disney property. DME probably pays for itself in that manner.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Peregrination Chronicles
The Fall of Disney
A Tale of Two Views
Back in the S.S.R.
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN
Spring Surprise
NYE in the World

Coming up...

POP! 12/15-12/18/2017 Merry Christmas Baby!
BCV 12/28/17-1/3/18 Happy New Year!
Fantasy 5/21/2018 BLT-Sea-BWV
Dream 9/17/2018 BLT-Sea-BCV

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #57
cornbread4
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
We used Instacart with great success. The price was reasonable and it's our go-to method now. Our local Wegman's partners with them, too, so we've used them locally when life has been too crazy to grocery shop.

As long as charges are reasonable, I don't penny-pinch on grocery delivery - just give me the service with the greatest selection and reliability. Instacart fills that niche nicely.

Dirk
thx for the tip- will check them out too for comparison.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #58
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Don't mind being on the bus with multi pre-stops as much as I mind standing at the airport watching bus after bus load resorts with us just standing there waiting to be called.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #59
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Don't mind being on the bus with multi pre-stops as much as I mind standing at the airport watching bus after bus load resorts with us just standing there waiting to be called.
We've been loaded onto a bus within one minute of getting in line. After that, the experiences diverge dramatically. Last April we were the last on, stepped onto the bus and it pulled out.

In November, we were waited 1 minute to load and then sat for 15 minutes until we pulled out. This time, we were the first stop. Last time we were the last stop. Both times Saratoga Springs. Ended up taking same time each time, and wasn't bad over all.

I would hate waiting in line to board, though. I don't mind waiting on the bus if we pull out after a reasonable duration.

Dirk
Old 01-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #60
ryanm
Studio

Seems like the typical wait time (in line and on the bus before it leaves) has been around 20 minutes. We've had as little as 1 or 2 minutes and I don't recall anything longer than 30-35.

The best DME experience was 10 years ago (almost 10 years to the day ago). We had a red eye that arrived around 3:00 AM. No one in line so we walked straight onto an empty bus and it left immediately. Got to POFQ and there was no line at check-in (at 3:30 AM, go figure), got a room upgrade and asked them not to delivery our bags until 10:30 (back when DME would still get your bags "after hours").

It was a great start to my wife's first WDW trip, we would ruin it soon after by going to DHS for her first park and eating at Hollywood and Vine for her first meal.