home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #11
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
On a related note, Thanksgiving week is or will be 100% capacity.....Which is at 35%
The article makes it sound like the upped capacity awhile a go which completely jives w/ Thrill Data's ride wait times increasing a lot in October. I never bought that the increased wait times in October didn't come w/ a capacity increase. My bet is that it was 10% in July and then increased to 25% in Sept and then 35% in October.

sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:40 PM   #12
TexasChick
Grand Villa

In general, people have been saying the last several weeks that the lines arenít as long as the posted times. I hope that is true, and I can report back that the lines were shorter than expected when we go!!!
Old 11-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
In general, people have been saying the last several weeks that the lines arenít as long as the posted times. I hope that is true, and I can report back that the lines were shorter than expected when we go!!!
They weren't in September (maybe half). By October they were getting closer, IME.

Cheers.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #14
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
The article makes it sound like the upped capacity awhile a go which completely jives w/ Thrill Data's ride wait times increasing a lot in October. I never bought that the increased wait times in October didn't come w/ a capacity increase. My bet is that it was 10% in July and then increased to 25% in Sept and then 35% in October.
More charts:

Old 11-12-2020, 11:08 PM   #15
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Yay!! Thanks!
Ditto. We will be there Nov 28 to Dec 2.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:11 PM   #16
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post

Yup. I tried to say as such and was shot down. Ah...oh well. 35% still ain't bad. But what do we think the true Nov capacity is then...and into Dec? 40...45%? Without FP...that kinda sucks actually.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:23 PM   #17
richviii
Two Bedroom

I saw a post recently that the availability calendar showed more "green" and now available for Dec. We have a tentative trip booked but aren't convinced. October was not bad but that was before the case rises and now even more folks added into the parks.

Recent
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #18
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Yup. I tried to say as such and was shot down. Ah...oh well. 35% still ain't bad. But what do we think the true Nov capacity is then...and into Dec? 40...45%? Without FP...that kinda sucks actually.
The Nov wait times are flat from Oct so seems like they have leveled off capacity for now.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:56 AM   #19
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I saw that park passes had opened for December for many dates...this makes more sense now if capacity has increased. People are probably going to cancel as well so I suppose it may all work out in the wash.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 06:38 AM   #20
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
If it was 35% last week it was mighty empty. I am Trying to figure out how to post my pics .

It was not.....

Also, having the capacity set to 35% and achieving it are two different things. But I can assure you that Thanksgiving week will hit 35% and so wil Christmas/NYE week. The lack of fastpasses will surely bite when they near that 35% mark. The lack of people eater attractions really sucks.