home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #21
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Well thoughts are that the dues are for 2021 and estimated based on full operations for 2021. And that maybe, just maybe (but unlikely cause it's the Mouse), we will get a credit for 2020 on the dues bill. I am not holding my breath but it seems like there should be. My BWV, CCV and HHI were closed for weeks and then re-opened with less staff (as well as possibly less supplies and utilities) being used. We recently sold our HHI so I guess the new owners will gain any credits for that.

Seems from reading other sites that any rebate for the closure in 2020 would be seen when the actual dues statements come out in December.

The estimated dues are for the running costs of the resorts in 2021. If they were to underestimate those then there are detrimental repercussions for DVD.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #22
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

What the heck!! I do not feel these increases are justified at all. I wonder if they raised them by 5 or 6 percent to cover a refund for 2020 closures.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #23
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

Seems from reading other sites that any rebate for the closure in 2020 would be seen when the actual dues statements come out in December.

The estimated dues are for the running costs of the resorts in 2021. If they were to underestimate those then there are detrimental repercussions for DVD.
I hope so, but without covid these numbers are in line with past numbers. No way Chapek would ever do something that doesn't hit a balance sheet in Disney's favor somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMAYA View Post
Estimated Operating Budget For The Year January 1, 2021 Through December 31, 2021 now posted on DVC web site for your home resorts.

For Old Key West

2021 Estimated Annual Dues Assessment
The estimated Annual Dues for the year January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 are $8.3578 per Vacation Point, which is comprised of the estimated Annual Operating Budget ($5.4977 per Vacation Point), the estimated Annual Capital Reserves Budget ($1.6029 per Vacation Point) and the estimated ad valorem taxes ($1.2572 per Vacation Point).
From the figures above we can see there's not only been significant increases but also significant decreases such as.........

Administration and Front Desk .xx10.8569% Decrease
Housekeeping xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 16.1144% Increase
Security xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 21.0426% Decrease
Transportation xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11.1673% Increase

Transportation increased by 11.1673%, this is now the second year that OKW has experienced a double digit percentage increase in transportation cost, as it increased from $6,480,085 in 2019 to $8,383,183 in 2020, which was a massive increase of 29.368%.

Has any other resort experience such an increase for Transportation of 43.8153% since 2019?
I also am very curious about transportation increases. That sort of increase I would normally think is pretty even, why the increase uniquely at OKW?
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

That wage increase to $15 hour really has hurt the past few years. This year is the last of the increases that started in 2018.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #25
Steamboat42
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
I also am very curious about transportation increases. That sort of increase I would normally think is pretty even, why the increase uniquely at OKW?
I wonder if they actually started tracking the amount of time at OKW for drivers. That could easily explain the increase in costs.

1 - Impossible roads to navigate with the busses.
2 - High percentage of ECV's (long load and unload times)
3 - Multiple stops

Maybe there is some other explanation???
Steamboat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:35 PM   #26
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat42 View Post
I wonder if they actually started tracking the amount of time at OKW for drivers. That could easily explain the increase in costs.

3 - Multiple stops

I wonder if it’s also to do with the boats to DS? If OKW are to get the boats back before either Port Orleans resort re-opens , they’ll need to pay the whole bill themselves.

If I was an OKW owner I’d actually be worried about a 20% cut in the security costs. Are they cutting security by 20%? Yikes. It’s a spread out resort with separate buildings, lots of entry points. I find that scary, makes me think twice about staying there to be honest.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #27
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat42 View Post

3 - Multiple stops

What did SSR have? Same types of issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I wonder if itís also to do with the boats to DS? If OKW are to get the boats back before either Port Orleans resort re-opens , theyíll need to pay the whole bill themselves.

If I was an OKW owner Iíd actually be worried about a 20% cut in the security costs. Are they cutting security by 20%? Yikes. Itís a spread out resort with separate buildings, lots of entry points. I find that scary, makes me think twice about staying there to be honest.
There is one entry point for the resort. This is the least of my concerns as an OKW owner tbh. The higher than average increases are old to me. Very old.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:00 PM   #28
hilaw
Grand Villa

You guys,
Don't say refund like it is a done deal, just looking at the 2021 increases makes me wonder what they are doing in totality.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #29
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Vero

Vero Beach up 11% are you kidding me. This will bring the value of that resort down.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:08 PM   #30
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

I updated my year by year MF spreadsheet - google sheet available to view here: MFs by Year non-weighted avg MF is now $7.68 increase of 4.3%

Last edited by sawickipedia; 11-10-2020 at 06:40 PM.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote