home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #11
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Does no one else see the similarity with the new "immersive" Star Wars Hotel and WestWorld?!? I mean, come on. It's the same thing but hopefully without the sexbots and murder. Btw, an amazing show!

Sexbots? Hmmm...

At least I should start watching the show to gauge my interest.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:50 AM   #12
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I'm curious which resort? Will they take existing buildings and convert? Or will it be a new building, and if so....where?
Any rumors or announcements here?

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #13
zulaya
Grand Villa

I seem to remember a few months ago, someone here posted about a survey that Disney was doing about a Star Wars resort. Hopefully I wasn't imagining things...now I have to go check if I'm cuckoo or not.

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulaya View Post
I seem to remember a few months ago, someone here posted about a survey that Disney was doing about a Star Wars resort. Hopefully I wasn't imagining things...now I have to go check if I'm cuckoo or not.
No you are correct. This was rumored months ago.

While I love Star Wars, this doesn't appeal to me. I would like the theme, but not having it totally immersive. I wouldn't want a story or fake windows.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #15
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Does no one else see the similarity with the new "immersive" Star Wars Hotel and WestWorld?!? I mean, come on. It's the same thing but hopefully without the sexbots and murder. Btw, an amazing show!
No. But I've never seen WestWorld.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #16
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I'm curious which resort? Will they take existing buildings and convert? Or will it be a new building, and if so....where?
I thought it was going to be INSIDE star wars land, but only have a few rooms. May have been a rumor, though. From what I remember hearing previously, the immersive experience will continue as you walk around star wars land, with CMs in character approaching you in the park with offers to have adventures, or you could be captured by storm troopers, etc. All tied to your magic band, perhaps?
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #17
Nickys
Grand Villa

I have seen a map that shows where it is rumoured to be going. Seemed like it was behind Star Tours etc. Kind of where Star Wars Land was originally thought to be going, when Indy and the rest of Echo Lake area was under threat.

So it may well have it's own entrance into SW-GE. Would make sense.

As for how it would work, I'm sure there was talk of it being an immersive stay, couple of nights in which you can take part in all sorts of "experiences". Kind of like a murder mystery weekend .... do you have those over there lol? Like the dinners only played out over a couple of days. Around $1000 dollars per stay, per person. Everyone would check in and out at the same time, so maybe runs twice a week. I'm starting a savings account now

Artwork looks amazing, and I'm no way a SW nerd. DH and the boys will definitely want to do this, and if they go so do I Sleeping pods, every window will have 3D / 4D screens of space (like the restaurant at Epcot).
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #18
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbuckeye View Post
Yup. Already under discussion a while ago

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...22star+wars%22

Cheers.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #19
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I mean, come on. It's the same thing but hopefully without the sexbots and murder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sexbots? Hmmm...
Yeah, why "without?" I mean, I can see the point on the murder- bad for business. But sexbots? Sounds like a good plan.

Cheers.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #20
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

When the rumor first surfaced, my response was "who can I pay" and my response is the same right how. I remember a cost of $900 per person being thrown around, and I still want to know who I can give my money to. I would do this in a heartbeat.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote