home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 03:07 PM   #51
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We went over to the MK yesterday to check out those who dress up for Dapper Days and decided to walk the new path from the TTC to the MK. It is a nice walk, 1.7miles from the TTC and about .75 miles from the GF. The path is very wide and well lit, I am sure the GF or Poly runners will enjoy morning or evening jogs. It does appear that you need to go through MK security to get to the BLT so I am guessing you won’t be able to get through when the park is closed. This is too bad because it would be a nice stroll back to the GF after dinner at the Contemporary. Since they already have a walk way under the water bridge it would be nice if they finished the loop and connected the TTC to BLT but I am not going to hold my breath for this to happen.
Old Today, 03:26 PM   #52
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Those Pitas are great!
Oh wait, you meant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks. We shall see...

Oy vey.
Hope it was a good day at the closing!
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #53
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
We went over to the MK yesterday to check out those who dress up for Dapper Days and decided to walk the new path from the TTC to the MK. It is a nice walk, 1.7miles from the TTC and about .75 miles from the GF. The path is very wide and well lit, I am sure the GF or Poly runners will enjoy morning or evening jogs. It does appear that you need to go through MK security to get to the BLT so I am guessing you won’t be able to get through when the park is closed. This is too bad because it would be a nice stroll back to the GF after dinner at the Contemporary. Since they already have a walk way under the water bridge it would be nice if they finished the loop and connected the TTC to BLT but I am not going to hold my breath for this to happen.
I saw a report of someone who walked from Bay Lake to the TTC at around 8pm. They were asked by MK security where they were going and allowed past. Then as the approached the Poly they were asked again by security who said access was only for resort guests. However they showed their magic bands and told them they were staying at Bay Lake and were allowed past.

It would be interesting to see what happens in the mornings; too close to 8am and you’d probably be stopped, but at 5am or even 6am I would think you might be OK.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:22 PM   #54
LauraLea
One Bedroom

I certainly hope we can walk it when the park is not open. We are staying at BLT the 2nd week of Jan and MK is closing at 6pm which closes down the monorail way early in the evening.

Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 PM   #55
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I saw a report of someone who walked from Bay Lake to the TTC at around 8pm. They were asked by MK security where they were going and allowed past. Then as the approached the Poly they were asked again by security who said access was only for resort guests. However they showed their magic bands and told them they were staying at Bay Lake and were allowed past.

It would be interesting to see what happens in the mornings; too close to 8am and you’d probably be stopped, but at 5am or even 6am I would think you might be OK.
I'm hoping that this is only a COVID restriction as folks are usually allowed to go to other resorts at normal times. And, yeah, I'd hope that things would be more accessible (even now) in the early morning hours for running and such.

Cheers.
Old Today, 08:49 PM   #56
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We’ve recently walked from the GF to the TTC around 6:00am passing a few security types and were not challenged. As far as getting by the MK to get to BLT it would be more difficult as you join the security line at the new boat dock. I guess they could keep that open and just lock down the entrance but that doesn’t sound like something Disney would do post 9/11.