home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 11:05 AM   #21
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post
"Where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" lol
Now you're speaking my language! But you left off "wailing."

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

25% failure rate again today. And these are points that are indeed suffering a pitiful death because their owners chose not to read the rules.

Dirk

Old Yesterday, 08:47 AM   #23
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Teacher here, so I feel your pain. Incidentally, almost thirty years ago when I was in college, one of my professors warned us about people not reading the directions. Not much has changed
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #24
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Just like COVID, the approval-failure rate is experiencing another surge. 33% today!!

Those poor points. Will nobody think of the points?

Dirk

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #25
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Just like COVID, the approval-failure rate is experiencing another surge. 33% today!!

Those poor points. Will nobody think of the points?

Dirk
I would like to help, but I couldn't deal with all those points. I can't stay in a bungalow all year long!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #26
micepace42
One Bedroom

Cool Failure is the new norm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Teacher here, so I feel your pain. Incidentally, almost thirty years ago when I was in college, one of my professors warned us about people not reading the directions. Not much has changed

I remember my son coming home from school one day so excited with an in-class assignment that he passed and allowed all that passed to get an extra 15 minutes of recess for 2 weeks.

It was very simple. There were about 15 lines...all numbered. The first line read..."1. Read all instructions thoroughly". Then it proceeded to list items like..."2. Put an x over the number 2 at the beginning of this line." There was a picture below as well and lines 3 - 14 listed items to do like "4. Add a beard to the farmer's face". Then "5. Circle that cat in the picture." The very last item was something like "15. Now that you have read all instructions as stated in line item one, do nothing and turn your paper in with your name in the upper right-hand corner. He was in 3rd...maybe 4th grade. Of the 23 students in his class, he and 5 others completed the exercise correctly and received the extra recess.

I found this interesting enough that I thought I would use it as "an opener" for a training class I was facilitating for adults in the hospitality field. About 5 of approximately 50 adults were successful with the exercise.

The lack of attention to details, of just about anything, no longer surprises me. Unfortunately seems to be more and more "the norm" these days.

When I was in the military they really drilled "the details" into you. I mean the smallest of details...as some of the smallest details could save your life.

I can't tell you how many times I have talked to a friend or family member or co-worker that told me the put something together over the weekend and had about 5 screws left over, or extra parts, or pieces they didn't use - never read a line of instructions that came with whatever they were assembling...LOL

micepace42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM   #27
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I no longer feel guilty and co-dependent after those stories. Thank you! I love the recess exercise.

Dirk

Old Today, 07:18 AM   #28
Q_Division
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Thet are Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun rentals. This is to stop RCI trade rentals of DVC reservations. Renting a RCI trade is strictly prohibited by RCI. You can find them all over e-bay......cheap.
Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now and isn't something I had ever thought about.
Q_Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #29
Q_Division
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micepace42 View Post
I remember my son coming home from school one day so excited with an in-class assignment that he passed and allowed all that passed to get an extra 15 minutes of recess for 2 weeks.

It was very simple. There were about 15 lines...all numbered. The first line read..."1. Read all instructions thoroughly". Then it proceeded to list items like..."2. Put an x over the number 2 at the beginning of this line." ...
An interesting observation I have and you may have para-phrased but the "issue" with this as written is the addition of an implict "first" (or similar) at the end of the line 1. At no point does it say not to perform any action until you have read them all.
Q_Division is offline   Reply With Quote