home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-12-2020, 04:36 PM   #11
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I don't play options so I'm typically looking for long term buys, which has worked well for me. I bought TSLA shortly after IPO in 2011 and have been adding on the big dips ever since - through all of the short seller craziness, bad press and countless reviews of a tech company burning through cash. Did the same with AMZN and AAPL before TSLA. I prefer tech because I understand tech, but options are a bit too risky for me at the moment. Maybe someday.
I'm typically the same with long-term buys, though I do take some calculated risks on up and coming tech stocks and options while balancing it with more well known such as AAPL, TSLA, and more recently AMD.

I may reduce risk as I get older, but while still in my 30s I'll take my chances. I've already tripled my money this year thanks to PLUG.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:35 PM   #12
zafiro
Grand Villa

"Disney suffers first annual loss in more than 40 years, but stock jumps as losses are not as bad as feared."

DIS is up almost 6% after trading hours, but still not to the Monday high of nearly $148.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #13
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
I'm typically the same with long-term buys, though I do take some calculated risks on up and coming tech stocks and options while balancing it with more well known such as AAPL, TSLA, and more recently AMD.

I may reduce risk as I get older, but while still in my 30s I'll take my chances. I've already tripled my money this year thanks to PLUG.
We're straying some from Disney topics, but until we can't...

I've been in AMD for several years. I'm not a gamer, but I knew the Ryzen processor would be a good gamble. I went to the keynote address at CES2019 and went to the Keynote address given by Dr. Lisa Su. That presentation was impressive and I've been adding on to my AMD shares on any sizable dip since.

Dr. Su will be the keynote speaker again at CES2021 (virtual). If you haven't ever gone to CES, this would be the year to do so easily from your own home. If you're involved in tech, you can register for free. I'm sad it won't be live this year because it's a never miss for me, but at least it will be virtual instead of canceled.

PLUG, NVDA, KLAC, NUAN, SNPS and the ETFs IBUY and TQQQ have helped to rally my portfolio as well. I added a lot of those when the market tanked in March. Not as high tech or s/w related was my add of CARR when they split off from UTX in early April.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #14
zafiro
Grand Villa

Any techies interested in CES2021 which will be a virtual/digital from Jan. 11 - 14, you may be able to receive a complimentary registration with tech credentials. Registration begins Dec. 1. https://ces.tech/