home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #21
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
I think they have snacks and drinks, but not dining like DL Club33

Well, there is probably something in the contract about reselling tickets and tours, but 4 people on MO can join and share the ownership.
There you go! You just need two more MO's to join you and then you have you half-membership. This could really work out for you...and another happy pair of MOs.

Oct 2018 POP/BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
August 2019 Celebrity Eclipse
October 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise??
dvf_diva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvf_diva View Post
There you go! You just need two more MO's to join you and then you have you half-membership. This could really work out for you...and another happy pair of MOs.

I already have my group of four......
Old 05-25-2018, 10:10 AM   #23
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

The benefits escape me . On the surface it appears you are paying a small fortune for tickets, fast passes and a nice lounge. What am I missing?
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:12 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
The benefits escape me . On the surface it appears you are paying a small fortune for tickets, fast passes and a nice lounge. What am I missing?

Tours, private concierge service, "other" special opportunities.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:19 AM   #25
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
I have been fortunate to visit Club 33 in Disneyland and always thought it would be fantastic if they every came to DisneyWorld, so I was excited when it was announced they are actually coming to all four parks in DisneyWorld.

I signed up for the email a year or two ago and recently had my phone interview. They reviewed all the details, mentioned all four locations (the magic kingdom will be near the entrance of Adventureland and will be a two story building with view of fireworks)

As much as I would love to join, it is pretty expensive and generally worth it IF you use all the benefits and that may be the problem for people like me. I do think this is a great deal for businesses that have lots of employees.

Mini-details (I may be missing some features)
$33,000 buy in (non refundable) - they expect this to rise
$15,000 yearly fees - this will go up every year with inflation
Membership will be capped to less people that can fit on a DCL cruise line
They expect to sell out and have a waitlist
Access to all 4 Walt Disney World Club 33 locations
No access to DL or other Club 33 locations (ie. non WDW locations)
Premier Passport for the member, spouse, and 2 others (can change names yearly)
50, 1-day park hopper tickets a year
5 all day-long VIP guided tours
Access to a private concierge service to get restaurant reservations (implied they have some pull)
Pretty much unlimited instant FastPass+ reservations
Guests will not be allowed in Club 33 unless member is with them
Free parking at all parks

So, if I was a member for 10 or 15 years, here are the total costs (this does NOT factor in inflation prices, so the actual prices will be higher)

10 years = $183,000 = $18,300 per year
15 years = $258,000 = $17,200 per year

So, the real question is - is Club 33 worth over $18,000 per year for the next 10 years.

I personally would not use all four passes (only need two), really don't need 5 VIP tours, and would never use 50 parkhoppers.

Thus, it appears that I need less than half of what club 33 offers and there is no ability to join at a reduced benefit membership.

If you cut everything in half and membership was half the cost and annual dues was half and the benefits were halved (2 passports, 2 VIP tours, 25 parkhpppers) then I probably would join for about $9,000 per year for 10 years.
If two couples could join as one membership and split everything, that would not be a bad deal. Edit to add...I see others have thought of this as well.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
ziravan
One Bedroom

Quote:
Well. If I were considering it, there’d be a real possibility of having plenty of one day park hoopers for friends, if you know what I mean.

And I would consider it.

But I’m probably reversed Groucho Marx on that: they wouldn’t have a club that’d have me as a member.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #27
FessParker1
One Bedroom

Quote:
VIP tours can be up to $625 per hour. If you use 8 hrs thats 5K per, $25K for just the tours.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #28
pdude81
Grand Villa

I'm assuming though that it would be hard to split unless you traveled with another party each time. There can be only one primary member from what's been mentioned so far unless someone gets details of the corporate membership to see how that works. 4 premier passes yes, but I don't know that each of those people can get up to the lounges on their own.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #29
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
VIP tours can be up to $625 per hour. If you use 8 hrs thats 5K per, $25K for just the tours.
But is it something that you'd even otherwise consider doing? Multiple times? Every year?
Old 05-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #30
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Isn’t access to the Fastpass lines the main reason to do a VIP tour? If you get more or less unlimited Fastpasses anyway, what is the main benefit of the tours that you also get?
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote