home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
epcotbeer taster
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Cool adding to tickets

Hello,
we come to WDW 2 or 3 times a year. This year we didnt buy annual passes. My question is can you add days to tickets bought from Undercover tourist. We bought a 4day magic your way with 2 free days added. Can we add to these tickets in Disney. I know the hopper add on is fine. Just not sure about adding a couple of days. we have done our fast passes as well for the six days, and everything is linked to our my Disney experience account. I have read conflicting opinions on the best way to proceed, and welcome any input.
1994 Grand Floridian
1995 Wilderness Lodge
1996 Dixie Landings
1997 Boardwalk
1998 Boardwalk
1999 Dixie Landings
2000 Boardwalk Inn
2002 Carribean Beach
2003 Carribean Beach
2004 Boardwalk
2005 Wilderness Lodge
2006 Carribean Beach
2007 SSR
2008 SSR
2009 SSR
2010 Saratoga Springs
2011 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Wilderness Lodge
2013 Port Orleans 2015 Boardwalk Villas
epcotbeer taster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Yes. Any ticket booth or guest service can help you.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
epcotbeer taster
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Talking

thanks
1994 Grand Floridian
1995 Wilderness Lodge
1996 Dixie Landings
1997 Boardwalk
1998 Boardwalk
1999 Dixie Landings
2000 Boardwalk Inn
2002 Carribean Beach
2003 Carribean Beach
2004 Boardwalk
2005 Wilderness Lodge
2006 Carribean Beach
2007 SSR
2008 SSR
2009 SSR
2010 Saratoga Springs
2011 Wilderness Lodge
2012 Wilderness Lodge
2013 Port Orleans 2015 Boardwalk Villas
epcotbeer taster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
cw62803
One Bedroom

You can add to tickets bought from 3rd party vendors. I've done it twice. After 5 days, the additional days are surprisingly inexpensive.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

We had issues with this a couple weeks ago. The tickets had been purchased from UT just before they added expirations; I guess that would've been Feb '17. We wanted to add one day to our 6 day non-hoppers and were told that they had essentially been bridged as far as they could be,6 which resulted in a difference of $80-something for the adult tickets and $60-ish for the child. I explained that I understood the process to work differently and that I would be given credit for the current value of the tickets. She said the no expiration date element of the ticket created the problem (or something along those lines). She talked to another CM or two and I guess they said the same thing. This was at guest relations outside MK.

It was my first attempt at adding days to our tickets so I didn't have enough first hand info to add in rebuttal - mostly what I've read here. Years ago we added park-hoppers to tickets we bought from Disney. It was no problem; did it at check-in at the resort. I wasn't going to pay that much to add one day. In the end she gave us vouchers for a single day ticket (because we had received misinformation). They had to be activated on the day-of at the park we chose to go to. We stopped at the TTC to do it and it required a manager approval and we had to show ID.

It turned out okay in the end I suppose, but it was still mildly frustrating. I felt worse for all the people in line behind me, though, as it took a while. One thing I'd say is to look into it early in your trip. It was evening of Day 5 and we were on our way back to the hotel to put the kids to bed. We had an early morning planned for HS the next day so I was in a bit of a bind as far as pursuing other options for dealing with the issue.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
cw62803
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
We had issues with this a couple weeks ago. The tickets had been purchased from UT just before they added expirations; I guess that would've been Feb '17. We wanted to add one day to our 6 day non-hoppers and were told that they had essentially been bridged as far as they could be,6 which resulted in a difference of $80-something for the adult tickets and $60-ish for the child. I explained that I understood the process to work differently and that I would be given credit for the current value of the tickets. She said the no expiration date element of the ticket created the problem (or something along those lines). She talked to another CM or two and I guess they said the same thing. This was at guest relations outside MK.

It was my first attempt at adding days to our tickets so I didn't have enough first hand info to add in rebuttal - mostly what I've read here. Years ago we added park-hoppers to tickets we bought from Disney. It was no problem; did it at check-in at the resort. I wasn't going to pay that much to add one day. In the end she gave us vouchers for a single day ticket (because we had received misinformation). They had to be activated on the day-of at the park we chose to go to. We stopped at the TTC to do it and it required a manager approval and we had to show ID.

It turned out okay in the end I suppose, but it was still mildly frustrating. I felt worse for all the people in line behind me, though, as it took a while. One thing I'd say is to look into it early in your trip. It was evening of Day 5 and we were on our way back to the hotel to put the kids to bed. We had an early morning planned for HS the next day so I was in a bit of a bind as far as pursuing other options for dealing with the issue.
Glad it worked out for you in the end.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
D&MourDVC
Studio

I have always had good luck with guest relations at Disney springs. They are very knowledgeable and willing to help you with any questions or problems. I find that guest relations at mk are not as helpful or a knowledge and give me a hard time on ap renewals or pretty much any ticket questions. I donít recommend waiting in line for an hour and dont get any help . Go to where they know the rules!
D&MourDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #8
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post

If I'm understanding correctly it sounds like what you were told was correct. Once Disney implemented the expiration dates on their tickets the values of the older tickets became frozen in time. When you go to upgrade you should get the gate value of the date just prior to the new expiration tickets starting. With each ticket price increase that corresponds to an expiration change the value freezes again. For anyone with older tickets the best thing to do is to get the price list of what that tickets value is to be able to make certain what is being calculated on an upgrade is correct. Or better yet - plan a trip that will use those exact days on the ticket.

For any new tickets bought via Undercover Tourist or any ticket broker that has the newest expiration date the tickets will bridge to the current gate price.