home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #21
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Nicely done!
Yep, had same happen on my January 1 flight a few weeks ago. And again for Memorial Day weekend trip that I still have to change. As much as I prefer delaying my return to freaking Philadelphia, unfortunately work gets in the way...
IMO I have a weird condition which I've labeled Delayed Agoraphobia . If I plan to go home at a certain time then I wanna go home (whine). It is most annoying and can be treated with wine ... but I need to roll out of bed and start drinking directly after my coffee - maybe I can alternate: sip coffee/sip wine.
Most Annoying.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #22
Mrspaceman2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you so much for the heads up. Between the two trips we had planned we saved close to 15,000 points.
Mrspaceman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Have they changed their online procedures?
The method I've used in the past to look and book lower fares just isn't working. I can't get any prices, just "available".
That means there were cancellations due to the Max8 issues. They were cancelling flights a few days ago through June travel dates and letting anyone change free of charge whether cacelled or not. They've done this anytime they cancelled nearby Max8 flights.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:03 PM   #24
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
That means there were cancellations due to the Max8 issues. They were cancelling flights a few days ago through June travel dates and letting anyone change free of charge whether cacelled or not. They've done this anytime they cancelled nearby Max8 flights.
So it means my flight was not cancelled, right?!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #25
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So it means my flight was not cancelled, right?!
They notify you if it changes or is cancelled. They even notify you is flight numbers change even if the time does not. So unless you were notified, your flight is okay.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #26
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
They notify you if it changes or is cancelled. They even notify you is flight numbers change even if the time does not.
Thanks. Not been through this before. Although last May had some family along and our flight was cancelled w/o notice. This was when the MAX issue had just hit. They did get us on another flight 4 hours later, which under the circumstances was in retrospect pretty good.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #27
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. Not been through this before. Although last May had some family along and our flight was cancelled w/o notice. This was when the MAX issue had just hit. They did get us on another flight 4 hours later, which under the circumstances was in retrospect pretty good.
Day of cancellation by chance or days in advance? Though we mostly get delay notifications even, but not always. Often not until after we've left for the airport. SW would be wise to stop scheduling MAX8 flights for a while.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:16 PM   #28
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Day of cancellation by chance or days in advance? Though we mostly get delay notifications even, but not always. Often not until after we've left for the airport. SW would be wise to stop scheduling MAX8 flights for a while.
Likely day of, but I can't be sure. No advance notice. I know I checked the flight many times before leaving home, and probably at least once onsite. The disgusting part is that they swore up and down that I never had a reservation for that flight, and even that the flight number I gave them never existed, which was simply not true. I won't call it a lie as they can only go by what their equipment tells them, but I'll be generous and say they just lost the reservation.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #29
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

No luck here, but given I got my roundtrip flights for less than $180, I don't expect any love. Those same tickets are now $340. AUS to MCO.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #30
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Likely day of, but I can't be sure. No advance notice. I know I checked the flight many times before leaving home, and probably at least once onsite. The disgusting part is that they swore up and down that I never had a reservation for that flight, and even that the flight number I gave them never existed, which was simply not true. I won't call it a lie as they can only go by what their equipment tells them, but I'll be generous and say they just lost the reservation.
Could also be a not so smart worker there who hosed something up or clueless as the system to see history of things. Sorry it happened though.