home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 01:45 PM   #21
ssdownthehatch
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

Who do you all use for car rentals at MCO?
EZ Car Rental
Old 01-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #22
It's Me
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Who do you all use for car rentals at MCO?
We used Alamo once, since then it's been Dollar every time, no one was coming close to their pricing. However for our upcoming trip it's been Costco for the win w/ Budget. Checking daily and no one else is coming close. And I love not paying for the extra driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean702 View Post
We usually end up with dollar or budget for a standard SUV. I also find prices to be reasonable way far in advance then creep up high and then go down as it gets closer. Because no cancellation fee I book and cancel frequently.
I find Travelocity to have cheaper prices than the car rental website itself.
I've always noticed the same, prices are low really far out, then they creep up, then a month or two out they drop lower than the original deals, then bam, they shoot up after that, never to come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I use Costco and double check with Autoslash. Once in a blue moon they are lower than I get via Costco, but not often.
I always forget about Autoslash -thanks for the reminder. Off to check to see if they can beat my current deal through Costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie1DVC2014 View Post
I've had good luck with Dollar but there are usually only three or four cars to choose from, and have tried Costco more recently for the free second driver.
I love the free second driver through Costco (and some agencies offer that when booking direct as well). Since I am the primary planner for our trips, I end up being the driver as well.

It will be nice this time to let DH do some of the driving. Besides, he is a terrible navigator - great at following directions and navigating himself when he is driving, but terrible at giving the driver (aka me) enough notice as to when to make that turn we just passed LOL

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:52 PM   #23
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
I have an upcoming weekend off-site stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. I'll be flying into MCO, and am debating renting a car or just relying on Uber/Lyft. I will visit the parks at least two days, possibly all three. Between car rental cost and parking fee at the hotel, it's a wash between renting the car and Uber from and to the airport, and from and to the parks. What are your opinions on which would be more convenient?

If the price is close, Id always opt for Uber/Lyft to avoid having to worry about driving/parking myself.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:52 PM   #24
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
but no one here is likely to care about that bit.
Oh, I don't know, I like reading about that stuff...but the way I travel, it won't affect me. Doesn't mean I don't find it very interesting.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #25
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILSFAN77 View Post
Does Alamo let you pick at the car care center on property?
I dont know about car care center but I have used Alamo at WDW Dolphin and they upgraded me from economy to a minivan at NC.
Very useful to move DH ecv and luggage on a split stay.
I could have had a pick up truck but didn't know what I would do with it in WDW.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:42 AM   #26
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I dont know about car care center but I have used Alamo at WDW Dolphin and they upgraded me from economy to a minivan at NC.
Very useful to move DH ecv and luggage on a split stay.
I could have had a pick up truck but didn't know what I would do with it in WDW.
Nothing to "pick up" at WDW? Not so sure about that...

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote