home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Thumbs up

Didn't get around to it until 9:00ET, but think I still got the best price for May 5-14: $124 base price both ways CMH-MCO.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Minnie View Post
About an hour later than normal to load. RI got loaded about 7:20 am.
That was us too. I was up at 6 to be awake enough to book. At least our move from OKW to BRV across a use year was painless. I didn't even have to be put on hold to get the last 5 days booked. So that was at least easier than this morning lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Didn't get around to it until 9:00ET, but think I still got the best price for May 5-14: $124 base price both ways CMH-MCO.
We chose more expensive options due to time and it being a weekend, but that's what I saw on the lower end this morning too. We just didn't want the 6am or 10pm options lol so we opted for the more expensive flights
(We fly out of CMH too)

Last edited by helenabear; 10-30-2019 at 10:40 AM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #23
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Booked this AM also. Base price was better than we've seen in a while. Still few non-stops out of MHT. On a dreaded 6AM one AGAIN for down leg......... sigh.

best,

.............john
Old 10-30-2019, 10:55 AM   #24
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
No luck for us. Unless we want to pay $700-800 PP for a direct flight out of Manchester, NH to MCO.
Holy ^%$#!!!!!!!!!! What day?

best,

............john
Old 10-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #25
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Booked my May flights this am. The rates weren't great per se ... $430/person from DEN to MCO. About the same as when I booked our Nov/Dec flights.

What I found interesting, and annoying, was that I used some flight funds and gift cards to pay (flight funds were only $10/person) but it capped my being able to use funds and gift cards at about 90% of the total cost. For the last gift card I entered, it said I still had a balance on the card, yet the entire fare wasn't paid for. I still had to pay part of the total fare on my credit card. The 90% may be a coincidence, but I was bummed that it didn't accept all my GC funds.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #26
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Holy ^%$#!!!!!!!!!! What day?

best,

............john
Tell me about it! Saturday, 4.25 and returning Saturday, 5.2. That is a school vacation week and the rates are always horrible! Our SIl is a teacher, therefore, we have little flexibility on travel times. We can do better flying out of Boston, but the direct flight coming home is 7:25 am . That would mean getting a 3 and 5 year old up at 3:30 am to catch ME.
There are 7 of us that need flights and no way are we paying that for a direct flight to FL. I will take Frontier out of Portland, ME first
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #27
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Tell me about it! Saturday, 4.25 and returning Saturday, 5.2. That is a school vacation week and the rates are always horrible! Our SIl is a teacher, therefore, we have little flexibility on travel times. We can do better flying out of Boston, but the direct flight coming home is 7:25 am . That would mean getting a 3 and 5 year old up at 3:30 am to catch ME.
There are 7 of us that need flights and no way are we paying that for a direct flight to FL. I will take Frontier out of Portland, ME first
I just looked and there was this: MHT-MCO # 4358 Nonstop Departs 6:15PM Arrives 9:20PM $269 WGA

SUNDAY return...........# 4678 Nonstop Departs 8:45PM Arrives 11:35PM $269 WGA

1:42 PM 10/30/19

best,

..............john
Old 10-30-2019, 01:56 PM   #28
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
I just looked and there was this: MHT-MCO # 4358 Nonstop Departs 6:15PM Arrives 9:20PM $269 WGA

SUNDAY return...........# 4678 Nonstop Departs 8:45PM Arrives 11:35PM $269 WGA

1:42 PM 10/30/19

best,

..............john

Thank you for checking . Our daugher and SIL live 2 hours north of MHT, so that presents a challenge as well for those late flights. For us coming from the Lakes Region, and the kids coming from up North, MHT is the best location, but, we may end up flying out of BOS or PWM.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:56 PM   #29
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

I was thrilled to see the $99 sale fares available for 5/31 - 6/6 out of RDU. Bought our tickets for $198 each RT, direct flights.

Now, the rest of my family who will be flying in from CLE aren't so lucky. No round trip flights on the way down and only one option on the way back, and the cheapest flights being at least $300 each, RT. Not horrible, but seems high for the day the schedule is released. And when you have to buy 5 tickets, that's some dough.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:36 AM   #30
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

So glad to see that Southwest seems to be releasing their schedule further out than they did last year. Last year they didn't release it until inside the 7 month window for booking, so I had to reserve "extra" days to cover the possible best days to fly. This year, I may be able to reserve my flight before the 7 month window opens (not looking until September).
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote