home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #191
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm early GenX and had totally forgotten about them. I worry for Tom.

Dirk
Can’t we all just rock and roll all night and party every day?
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #192
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

“Talkin ‘bout my generation...., my generation baby...”
Old 02-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #193
MMC1
Grand Villa

I’m still partying like it’s 1999
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:17 AM   #194
MMC1
Grand Villa

Keeping on topic?

On the Good Ship lollipop .... what is recent announcements for Disney Cruiseline concerning voyages , itinerary and cancellations due to virus?

Last edited by MMC1; 02-14-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #195
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Corona Virus Thread morphs into Reliving the '70s Thread, another classic MO spin!

Ebola came on the scene in 1976, I believe, but I don't remember any world wide virus calamities then, and AIDS didn't hit until the early '80s.

Interestingly, HIV and Ebola (and Malaria) drugs are being used against COVID-19.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ria-and-ebola/

See how I tie it all together? Still not sure how to weave in Love Story and classic rock bands.

Dirk
This is why reading every thread on Mouseowners weaves a story full of secrets and unexpected drama.
It’s like a soap opera with that crazy family .
Thankfully we are only selling our souls to Disney and our addictions are legal.
And the greatest Love Story of all would be our love for Disney and we never have to fight for our right to,party!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:45 AM   #196
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Keeping on topic?

On the Good Ship lollipop .... what is recent announcements for Disney Cruiseline concerning voyages , itinerary and cancellations due to virus?
I am watching this closely. Just read the CDC is preparing for wide US spread of the virus, to continue to infect beyond this year and will find a foothold and will create community based transmission.....
Old 02-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #197
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I am watching this closely. Just read the CDC is preparing for wide US spread of the virus, to continue to infect beyond this year and will find a foothold and will get community based transmission.....
In case it happens. Seriously no change no real risks to the US.

If this is like SARS expect it to end sooner than later. Unlike SARS they actually started counting and reporting more than months into first signs.

Leave it to the news to make people paranoid. Again worry about the flu here now, not this at this time.

From the CDC directly:
CDC Recommends
While the immediate risk of this new virus to the American public is believed to be low at this time, everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat:

It’s currently flu and respiratory disease season and CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine, taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed.

Last edited by helenabear; 02-14-2020 at 10:56 AM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:22 AM   #198
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Corona Virus Thread morphs into Reliving the '70s Thread, another classic MO spin!

Ebola came on the scene in 1976, I believe, but I don't remember any world wide virus calamities then, and AIDS didn't hit until the early '80s.

Interestingly, HIV and Ebola (and Malaria) drugs are being used against COVID-19.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ria-and-ebola/

See how I tie it all together? Still not sure how to weave in Love Story and classic rock bands.

Dirk
Well, my daughter did say that KISS reminded her of Fantasmic. She said that the heat rolling over the audience from the pyrotechnics reminded her of Disney setting the water on fire.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #199
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Diamond Princess now has 218 people infected with the virus out of 713 people tested. That's 44 more cases of the flu on the ship.

Is been four days since my last update. There are 454 people infected on the Diamond Princess cruise ship.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #200
Joeli
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Is been four days since my last update. There are 454 people infected on the Diamond Princess cruise ship.
Based on what has been reported, This Is not surprising as crew members are in close proximity to each other, eat communally with no masks and perhaps unintentionally infecting people. Then again perhaps it’s the water or air filtration system, or a shoe that is moving the virus around and sharing. Could it be a dirty rag that keeps getting used? You have to wonder how the “containment” can be so bad that the number of infected keeps increasing.

I wonder if they are going to allow people off that boat tomorrow....

Upcoming:
2020 (Jul - PVB, Aug - PVB, Oct - BWV, Nov - BWV, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote