home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #21
Dkg711
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Congrats!
Dkg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #22
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Congrats and welcome home neighbor.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #23
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Congratulations and Welcome Home!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #24
kaceebunnsmith
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Congratulations!

In case you really want to stay at your home resort in August, it wouldn't hurt to ask your guide to find a room for you. Our guide told us that they could do that even if it didn't show any availability on the availability tool.
I can attest to this! My wife and I are brand new owners at Copper Creek, and our amazing guide was able to get us 12 nights in our new home resort for September/October.
kaceebunnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #25
hilaw
Grand Villa

Congratulations!
After 10 years, what were the factors to put the final pressure on the trigger finger?
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #26
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceebunnsmith View Post
I can attest to this! My wife and I are brand new owners at Copper Creek, and our amazing guide was able to get us 12 nights in our new home resort for September/October.

Very very nice!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #27
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Congratulations, and welcome!
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #28
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

WooHoo! HOME!!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #29
avsheffi
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceebunnsmith View Post
I want to know who all of your guides are!! I've seen several folks say their guides found them rooms even if the RAT shows no availability. I talked to my guide just this morning about purchasing CCV and he said he couldn't help me find a room for November. He said he didn't have anything to offer other than what was showing as available. Ugh. This is the same guide that said he couldn't put me on a wait list for BCV even though I know others have. Has anyone ever changed guides? I've never bought direct, so he was just assigned to me when I purchased resale.

Angie

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #30
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsheffi View Post
I want to know who all of your guides are!! I've seen several folks say their guides found them rooms even if the RAT shows no availability. I talked to my guide just this morning about purchasing CCV and he said he couldn't help me find a room for November. He said he didn't have anything to offer other than what was showing as available. Ugh. This is the same guide that said he couldn't put me on a wait list for BCV even though I know others have. Has anyone ever changed guides? I've never bought direct, so he was just assigned to me when I purchased resale.

Angie
It's a newish thing called a Welcome Home booking and is for brand new DVC members who haven't made any reservations yet. If you are already an owner your exempt from the program.

It used to be you could try and make a reservation a condition of purchase but now that they have the formal program I don't think that works as well anymore.