home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahockeynut23 View Post
Jcinwonderland I called and email today and was told the agent handling my closing was out of office and she would be back tomorrow so I plan on flooding the phones tomorrow. It's just crazy everything took less than a month rofr and estoppel and now I'm waiting this long for paperwork I just want to close so I can book my daughter's dream trip before it's sold out in November. 😠😠
Any word today? Sending good wishes and some
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #22
imahockeynut23
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Update

Congrats on planning ahead I definitely would this was a spur of the moment buy. We go down every year if not twice and I unfortunately lost my grandparents last year and they read the will and my grandparents left a note saying use it on fun and your daughter and make sure it's something you all enjoy for a long time. So we figured what better thing to.

As for today's update just spoke to the agent and she apologized for the lack of updates and we should have closing documents in hand this week. Now the only issue is the buyer is from out of country so they have to get everything notorized. Hopefully that's goes quickly and smoothly.
imahockeynut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #23
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Congrats on planning ahead I definitely would this was a spur of the moment buy. We go down every year if not twice and I unfortunately lost my grandparents last year and they read the will and my grandparents left a note saying use it on fun and your daughter and make sure it's something you all enjoy for a long time. So we figured what better thing to.

As for today's update just spoke to the agent and she apologized for the lack of updates and we should have closing documents in hand this week. Now the only issue is the buyer is from out of country so they have to get everything notorized. Hopefully that's goes quickly and smoothly.
I know it has been mentioned before, but I would maybe consider renting points from another owner to book your stay, if that is an option. I know it's not ideal, but that will give you some peace of mind about your December trip. The 7 month window will be opening up for non-home resort guests soon and I don't think you'll have your points in your account before that window opens.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #24
imahockeynut23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I know it has been mentioned before, but I would maybe consider renting points from another owner to book your stay, if that is an option. I know it's not ideal, but that will give you some peace of mind about your December trip. The 7 month window will be opening up for non-home resort guests soon and I don't think you'll have your points in your account before that window opens.
That what I was thinking too but the problem being its crazy money for the 1 bedroom for that week its almost $3300 and since I'm about to drop a significant amount on the down payment I'm really trying to avoid it lol. But I know the 7 month window is only 14 days away lol.

Can anyone give me a break down on whats available for 1 or 2 bedrooms for last 2 weeks or November or First 2 weeks of December and what the likely hood I can get one if everything will be finalized be like May 25th.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 PM   #25
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Can anyone give me a break down on whats available for 1 or 2 bedrooms for last 2 weeks or November or First 2 weeks of December and what the likely hood I can get one if everything will be finalized be like May 25th.
Happy to try to help! Disclaimer: I'm a newbie.

I am looking at one bedrooms at Kidani and Jambo.

The last two weeks of November do not look good. Limited availability.

December looks reasonable for Kidani Savanna view. Specifically, December 7 through December 23 still look good.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #26
imahockeynut23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Happy to try to help! Disclaimer: I'm a newbie.

I am looking at one bedrooms at Kidani and Jambo.

The last two weeks of November do not look good. Limited availability.

December looks reasonable for Kidani Savanna view. Specifically, December 7 through December 23 still look good.
Thank you very much I know the 7 month window opens soon so I'm hoping that we can make it happen. My daughter doesn't know that we purchased this but she keeps asking to go and wants to see it for Christmas cause her birthday is in December. My fiance and I are praying everything gets finalized soon or it looks like dad will be shelling out more money so his lil princess isn't heartbroken lol.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #27
imahockeynut23

Default update

I received closing documents yesterday had them signed and sent out by last night now just to hope that the seller doesn't have to wait forever because he is out of the country and has to make and appointment with the US Embassy to get them notarized.

1 Step closer I guess to giving my daughter her dream trip.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #28
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I received closing documents yesterday had them signed and sent out by last night now just to hope that the seller doesn't have to wait forever because he is out of the country and has to make and appointment with the US Embassy to get them notarized.

Great news, imahockeynut23! Keep us posted. I sent in my closing paperwork and funds due yesterday too.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #29
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Great news, imahockeynut23! Keep us posted. I sent in my closing paperwork and funds due yesterday too.
Fantastic news! After my sellers returned their documents, it took about three weeks until I was in the system and able to make my reservation. I received a letter in the mail from Disney with my membership number. I then called member services tech support to get my club ID and activation code. That let me sign in to the DVC website and make a reservation!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #30
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Fantastic news! After my sellers returned their documents, it took about three weeks until I was in the system and able to make my reservation. I received a letter in the mail from Disney with my membership number. I then called member services tech support to get my club ID and activation code. That let me sign in to the DVC website and make a reservation!
So Iíve got about another month at best :sigh: