home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
fsd18
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Smile Hello

Hello Everyone!

I am Dan from South Dakota and I'm new to the board (~2 month- old). I have been a DVC member since December 2017. I bought a few Polynesian points from Disney, and then bought Bay Lake Tower and Old Key West contracts, and added more Polynesian points through resale. I am always dreaming about a family of 5, and a New Year's Eve in a Polynesian Bunglow... but until now we only have 1 daughter, and never stayed in anything more than studio either.

I found this board when I was looking to rent out some points that I could not use in the 2018 (It is very far so very hard for us to take more than two trips every year). There are so much helpful information here for everyone who loves Disney.

~Home resorts~PVB~BLT~OKW~AKV~BWV~
fsd18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

A big welcome to you!.
This is the perfect place to share and learn!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Welcome. There is SO much here to digest. Just relax, take your time, and feed your brain with all this knowledge.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Hello, my friend! (I would say "welcome," but you actually joined before I did. )

How wonderful that you are hoping for a large family, and congratulations on your newborn! My wife and I just welcomed a baby daughter into our family twelve months ago, and we are hoping to enjoy many Disney trips with her. I also share your dream about staying in a Polynesian Bungalow for New Years' fireworks. That would be amazing!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #5
Janice2014
One Bedroom

Welcome. This is a great place for information.
Janice2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #6
BugsDad
Grand Villa

FSD is Sioux Falls so I assume you are east river. Welcome to MO! There is so much to be learned here.

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
fsd18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Hello, my friend! (I would say "welcome," but you actually joined before I did. )

How wonderful that you are hoping for a large family, and congratulations on your newborn! My wife and I just welcomed a baby daughter into our family twelve months ago, and we are hoping to enjoy many Disney trips with her. I also share your dream about staying in a Polynesian Bungalow for New Years' fireworks. That would be amazing!
Congratulations on your newborn! Mine is 5 now. She has eaten all my time and besides we are old and there is no much time left for us for more babies. But always admire big family! Have wonderful trips with your baby daughter!

Old 03-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #8
fsd18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsDad View Post
FSD is Sioux Falls so I assume you are east river. Welcome to MO! There is so much to be learned here.

We are 50 minutes from Sioux Falls
Brookings

Old 03-15-2018, 05:25 PM   #9
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Dan!
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsd18 View Post
Congratulations on your newborn! Mine is 5 now. She has eaten all my time and besides we are old and there is no much time left for us for more babies.
There is always adoption! I am 38, and my wife is 30. She says she does not want to have any more children because she never wants to be pregnant again. I told her we could adopt if we ever decide we want more kids.

We went to Disney World with my new daughter just last month. It was difficult, but I am glad we did it. The photos are wonderful. And that trip is the reason I decided to start buying resale DVC points.

I just hope that my daughter will like Disney! (Are there any kids out there who don't like it?)
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote