home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #701
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Are the prices at Disneyland and Disneyland resorts super high because there's more wealthy people in that area (Hollywood celebs)?
The cost of living in CA is just high, the taxes are high, property taxes are high, and it just generally is a more expensive place to be in the country. All of that is reflected in the price of lodging. The good neighbor hotels are more reasonable. Have you looked at some of those hotels? I like to stay at the Orange County Hyatt when I can't stay at the VGC. They offer a shuttle to and from Disneyland every 1/2 hour, but they do charge for the shuttle on a daily basis.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #702
chunter
Two Bedroom

When doing a Memory Maker share, are there any good tips?
I assume you setup a community account to link the memory maker to? Everyone gets the login details for it? Use paypal to purchase it.
As far as number of people, I assume 5-6 is a good number? Can you run into problems if there are more than 6 groups? Like pics not loading or showing up?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #703
Commish
Studio

Quote:
I assume you setup a community account to link the memory maker to? Everyone gets the login details for it? Use paypal to purchase it.
As far as number of people, I assume 5-6 is a good number? Can you run into problems if there are more than 6 groups? Like pics not loading or showing up?

Interesting to see the response here - We gave our friends one of our spare magic bands to wear - captured all of their pics on our account
Old 10-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #704
fuzzylogic
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
When doing a Memory Maker share, are there any good tips? Everyone gets the login details for it? I assume 5-6 is a good number? Can you run into problems if there are more than 6 groups?
Just you -- log in, run it and control it. Everyone logging in and trying to hook up friends and family would be a mess. When it's done, allot each person a time to log in and download the photos. There are face book groups devoted to this topic, just search around. 5-6 members is a lot, you'll have some massive downloads. I haven't done this since before the big ride videos and animated pics you get nowadays. You could also get 1 AP in your party and not have to worry about it.
fuzzylogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #705
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Just you -- log in, run it and control it. Everyone logging in and trying to hook up friends and family would be a mess. When it's done, allot each person a time to log in and download the photos. There are face book groups devoted to this topic, just search around. 5-6 members is a lot, you'll have some massive downloads. I haven't done this since before the big ride videos and animated pics you get nowadays. You could also get 1 AP in your party and not have to worry about it.
thanks for the info. So, even if I just have the login details, I can still add everyone's "wristband" from all the groups? And then they can still get their pics added? They just won't be able to see them until its their turn to login and download the pics? After their vacation?
thanks
Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #706
fuzzylogic
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
So, even if I just have the login details, I can still add everyone's "wristband" from all the groups? And then they can still get their pics added? They just won't be able to see them until its their turn to login and download the pics? After their vacation?
thanks
Their wristband is linked to their account, so you don't touch their band. You connect with them under My Family & Friends via their email. Once they are linked to your Disney account, the photos grabbed on their band flow thru to the Memory Maker account. Yep everyone will get them when all the trips are done and everyone is home. Then you can grab the photos and give them out to everyone, or you can let each person log in, in turn.

Everyone should also send you any photopass numbers they want retrieved, like for the Pirate Tutorial, Jedi Training, etc so you can key all those in.
fuzzylogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:13 PM   #707
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I thought if you had friends & family members linked to your MDE account, that they could then also view the photos from MM from their MDE account. I thought my mom was able to see our photos back in the Winter, even though the MM was linked to my account? Maybe she was only seeing the watermark view? As far as I know, she never attempted to download any of the pics so Iím not sure.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #708
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I thought if you had friends & family members linked to your MDE account, that they could then also view the photos from MM from their MDE account. I thought my mom was able to see our photos back in the Winter, even though the MM was linked to my account? Maybe she was only seeing the watermark view? As far as I know, she never attempted to download any of the pics so Iím not sure.
They will see them, but they will have the watermark.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #709
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
They will see them, but they will have the watermark.
So, chunter, your family & friends will still be able to see the photos during the trip, if they are all linked to your account. Then you can do the individual downloads at the end of the trip.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #710
chunter
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Their wristband is linked to their account, so you don't touch their band. You connect with them under My Family & Friends via their email. Once they are linked to your Disney account, the photos grabbed on their band flow thru to the Memory Maker account. Yep everyone will get them when all the trips are done and everyone is home. Then you can grab the photos and give them out to everyone, or you can let each person log in, in turn.

Everyone should also send you any photopass numbers they want retrieved, like for the Pirate Tutorial, Jedi Training, etc so you can key all those in.

So, certain events don't automatically get linked to your MM account tied to your wristband? You have to get/carry additional cards/numbers for certain events?
thanks for all the info