home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > "Mick"-boxing (a.k.a. The Exercise Forum)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmorley View Post
That would be a great trail around the whole lake
I appreciate that Disney has some running routes but longer options would be nice.
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVCKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
mikemax32
Two Bedroom

Default Best place I found to run at WDW

JenMax and I just got back from OKW. We're in the midst of marathon training, so we each had to find quite a few miles during this trip. She ran 13.1 miles for her long run and I ran 13.1 and 14 for mine.

The OKW jogging trail is about 1.3 miles from the hospitality house to the nature trail off of South Point road. But, the fun is running up and around each street on the way down to South Point Rd. Also, the nature trail connects to SSR and the West Side entrance to DTD.

We stayed on Millers Rd, so I started there, ran to the end of it and down Peninsular. I ran down Turtle Cove and then to the end of Peninsular. I ran around the cul de sac there and then turned onto South Point to run on the nature trail. The trail goes right along the Sassagoula River on the same route as the water taxi. The key is to stay straight on the path and not turn right or left onto the golf course.

The West Side parking lot is just past the putting green and first tee of Lake Buena Vista golf course. Then it's fun to run along the water until Characters in Flight, up and down the PI bridge and through the marketplace. From there, I turned around and ran through Saratoga for awhile before coming back to OKW.

For the shorter 6 mile runs, I'd just run straight down Peninsular, along the nature trail and to DTD and back. I'd have to run a little on Millers Rd at the end to get to 6, but there was not a lot of repeating roads (which is always good on a run)

M.O.D. # 95 ~ AKA The Road from CT to WDW
2013 MO "Classic" Mountain FFL Champion
mikemax32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

I am glad to see people have found some interesting routes. You would think with all the running events that Disney has, they would try to advertise their routes and maybe make a few more for us. I love Disney as it is, but there is always room for improvement!

BLT
BWV
CCV
Redhead58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
DisneyGirlInNJ
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Here's a link to many of the running trail maps on property!

http://www.eatsleeprundisney.com/p/d...rail-maps.html
DisneyGirlInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirlInNJ View Post
Here's a link to many of the running trail maps on property!

http://www.eatsleeprundisney.com/p/d...rail-maps.html
Thanks for posting the link
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVCKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #16
Goofyfordisnee
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdownthehatch View Post
I go out the front of the BLT resort, make a left down the sidewalk along the side of the road (World Drive). Go under the canal that links the two lakes. The sidewalk ends a little past that, so I stay on the grass. (It is a strange place for the sidewalk to just end) Wilderness Lodge employee entrance road will be on the left after a few hundred yards. Run through there. Go past the Lodge, onto the wilderness nature trail towards Fort Wilderness. Straying from officially marked routes is part of the fun. As I said before, I have done this run maybe a dozen or so times, and only been stopped once by security and chastized, but I was running on Wilderness Road and he made me get back on the trail.
Thank you for posting this!!
Old 09-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #17
bobbafett
Grand Villa

I can't believe how far off all of you are..

Dash to splash.
Race to space.

Running from one kiosk at the f&wf to the next.

Running between lightning strikes.

Running off small world after 27 empty boats are "unloading " in front of you.

And I thought of that within 25 seconds. Same time it takes to get brat and pretzel roll in Germany to Mexico for a margarita.

And running to the bus when your leaving the park. When you see the last person in lne gets on and hope the driver sees you running with your hands in the air like kermit the frog.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17, AKL 18, 18. VGF 18, VAK 18. ASM 19

Last edited by bobbafett; 09-18-2016 at 07:41 PM.
bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:06 PM   #18
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Anything by AKL?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdownthehatch View Post
I have done this run maybe a dozen or so times, and only been stopped once by security and chastized, but I was running on Wilderness Road and he made me get back on the trail.
Hubby was running one morning. Next thing I know, here he comes back, in a police car! I guess he was jogging on a road he wasn't suppose to and the police showed up, not too happy and gave him a ride back to the resort (with him not having a choice). Funny thing was when they pulled up to the security gate, the lady in there took a look at hubby and kind of scolded the police officer, telling him he's a guest and that he jogs every day.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #20
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Anything by AKL?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/jogging/

Disney has gotten better about marking the trails although many times the signs aren't easy to follow. New Balance is sponsor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Hubby was running one morning. Next thing I know, here he comes back, in a police car! I guess he was jogging on a road he wasn't suppose to and the police showed up, not too happy and gave him a ride back to the resort (with him not having a choice). Funny thing was when they pulled up to the security gate, the lady in there took a look at hubby and kind of scolded the police officer, telling him he's a guest and that he jogs every day.
That's a funny story. Disney really does want you to stay on their running trails and not be running on streets. But IMHO, if they want that they need to create better running trails and routes.