home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-21-2019, 07:41 PM   #11
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
-- On the morning of January 1, Epcot was dead....not crowded at all

Robin and I traditionally hit the park first thing in the morning on January 1......The parks are so quiet, we love it.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:01 PM   #12
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sorry no personal experience with my own vehicle, but I definitely wouldn't drive if at all avoidable. Disney transport for me.

Congratulations on the move! Hope everything is going as smoothly as possible. May make that move myself one of these years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Robin and I traditionally hit the park first thing in the morning on January 1......The parks are so quiet, we love it.
Planning to use Disney transportation to get to the park and back to Boulder Ridge. I was wondering if traffic would be horrendous around 2-3AM. The boys would probably want to sleep at home rather than “squeeze” into the studio. At 20 and 21 they might be up to the drive that late - NOT for me though!

Very happy with the move so far. Our one drawback is the time DD has to get up for school so she can get on the bus! 5:15 alarm so she can eat breakfast and be on the bus at 6:10!

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #13
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
Planning to use Disney transportation to get to the park and back to Boulder Ridge. I was wondering if traffic would be horrendous around 2-3AM. The boys would probably want to sleep at home rather than “squeeze” into the studio. At 20 and 21 they might be up to the drive that late - NOT for me though!

Very happy with the move so far. Our one drawback is the time DD has to get up for school so she can get on the bus! 5:15 alarm so she can eat breakfast and be on the bus at 6:10!

By then I’d think it should be okay to drive, just be careful of the idiots out there. Goes for any day, but especially New Year’s.

Glad all is going well! Despite the early waking time, haha.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:05 AM   #14
uwdude
One Bedroom

With the fireworks ending at 12:15am or whatever, it will take approx 1 hour to exit the park out to the monorails and ferry boats (yes you read that right lol). Then you will be waiting multiple (2-3) ferry boats or monorails to get to the TTC. Then don't even wait the 2-3 trams, just hoof it to your car from there. Then it will take a looong time to get out of the parking area past the toll booths. Once you're past there you're finally good, but yes 2am people will still be exiting. It is an experience in feeling helpless and trapped, but if they are young and feel up to it, let them go ahead.
uwdude is offline   Reply With Quote