home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #11
rhondar5
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Love this!

Thanks for sharing! Of course I just ordered my AP magic bands yesterday, But hopefully it will be up & running before our July trip
rhondar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
Jillybean315
Two Bedroom

I am so happy to see this, thanks for sharing! I have been making decals for our bands for years now with my Cricut, and I finally broke down and bought a glow-in-the-dark skin off of Etsy for our upcoming trip. Now that the premade MBs will be available and that affordable, we will just go with those starting in January.

Disney Trips:
POR-Riverside: June, 2011
Off Proprety: June, 2012
All Star Movies: December, 2012
All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge: June, 2013
Coronado Springs: Dec., 2013 & Dec. 2014
Boardwalk Villas: Jan., 2016 (1st DVC Visit)
Beach Club Villas & POR Riverside: Sept, 2016
Polynesian Villas & Bay Lake Tower:June, 2017
Old Key West: Jan., 2018
Split Stay Off Property & Saratoga Springs: June, 2019

Coming Soon: Beach Club: Jan., 2020

(Me) (DH) (DS age 14) (DD age 11)

Jillybean315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

looks like Disney just grabbed $40 more from me.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #14
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Nope. Just more waste. Our original bands (maybe 6 years old now) still work and I got one set of the new ones because they are considerably more comfortable. Don't need more. It's just a room key/FP holder/charge card.

Cheers.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Nope. Just more waste. Our original bands (maybe 6 years old now) still work and I got one set of the new ones because they are considerably more comfortable. Don't need more. It's just a room key/FP holder/charge card.

Cheers.
My only issue is that the battery dies after about 1.5 to 2 years. So for some rides we miss the pics (we use them IRL). So we get a new one every few years.

That said we absolutely do recycle our old ones. AP cards included.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #16
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
My only issue is that the battery dies after about 1.5 to 2 years. So for some rides we miss the pics (we use them IRL). So we get a new one every few years.

That said we absolutely do recycle our old ones. AP cards included.
I guess the batteries are used for that (although that would not be required). We don't do pictures and batteries are not needed for room access, park access, FP and charging. Those are part of the passive RFID system and will work forever (until something in the circuitry dies, and the bathtub curve says that will now be a loooong time).

Reuse is the ultimate form of recycling.

Cheers.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:40 PM   #17
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
I guess the batteries are used for that (although that would not be required). We don't do pictures and batteries are not needed for room access, park access, FP and charging. Those are part of the passive RFID system and will work forever (until something in the circuitry dies, and the bathtub curve says that will now be a loooong time).

Cheers.
My family is into the premium bands - they are a form of fashion. It's fun in context.
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #18
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Cheers.
There are sadly several rides where batteries are required for the pics. The rest doesn't matter to us. I keep a spare for the pool for me and one on my keychain. Truthfully would rather go without entirely.

But they chose to make rides not tapable for the pics. So we reuse until we have to recycle.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #19
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

We make ours into holiday garland when in season and not in use at the parks.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #20
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Dang it, Disney, finding ways for me to spend more money.

I just read yesterday how some of the new ride photos that use RFID are not working with the older bands, so I wonder if this has something to do with it. My band (or DD's, I don't know) picked up the new Haunted Mansion photo, but we never got DH & DS's picture.
disneyteach is online now   Reply With Quote