home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
Mj2v
One Bedroom

Default Avengers Endgame

It was a bit of a madhouse at Disney Springs this morning as tickets went on sale for Avengers: Endgame

The AMC website and app crashed, so old school kiosks it is!

Quite a few people were there at 8am....
Mj2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
lcur77
Studio

Disney should do the 59 hour marathon of all Marvel movies leading up to Endgame. In my younger, single, without a 3 month old at home days I would have seriously considered it.
lcur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcur77 View Post
Disney should do the 59 hour marathon of all Marvel movies leading up to Endgame. In my younger, single, without a 3 month old at home days I would have seriously considered it.
There are several theaters and groups doing it. I believe the Alamo Drafthouse chain is doing it (they also did a LotR extended cut marathon before the Hobbit release). The Nerdist is doing their own. And Iím sure others will as well.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
lcur77
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
There are several theaters and groups doing it. I believe the Alamo Drafthouse chain is doing it (they also did a LotR extended cut marathon before the Hobbit release). The Nerdist is doing their own. And Iím sure others will as well.
I guess I should have been more specific that they should do it at Disney. The AMC in NYC is doing it as well as a few other big ones but you would think this would be something Disney could create a whole 3/4 day event involving food from various restaurants at Disney Springs. Maybe not even that long, just showing the avengers movies in addition to some important standalones. Same with Star Wars in Dec.
lcur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcur77 View Post
I guess I should have been more specific that they should do it at Disney. The AMC in NYC is doing it as well as a few other big ones but you would think this would be something Disney could create a whole 3/4 day event involving food from various restaurants at Disney Springs. Maybe not even that long, just showing the avengers movies in addition to some important standalones. Same with Star Wars in Dec.
Oh, got ya. They did one for Infinity War last year at DS. They might do Star Wars now that they own the movie distribution rights to the original trilogy.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #6
Mj2v
One Bedroom

If they did the marathon in Dolby or dine in, I would do it at Disney Springs.

I took my son to the first avengers marathon a few years ago and it was a blast.
Mj2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #7
broganmc
Grand Villa

Wouldn't a marathon take 40 hours? 20 movies averaging 2 hours in length.

That's a loooong time to be at a movie theater.

(I cheat and do a marathon at home. I've got all the movies on Google Play, put them all in a YouTube playlist and then play them in the background at home. Amazing just how long this Marvel thing has been going and the content it's generated.)

Upcoming:

Friends/Solo/Cuz&Uncle October 13-Nov 2 (Cypress Harbour)
NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Completed: Florida Sep 29-4 (Bay Lake b-day trip)
Family October 4-12 (SSR), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Ok - I'm not at all well-versed in the Marvel series, but our daughter has fallen in love with the recent movies (hasn't stopped talking about Infinity War since we saw it!). We will be seeing End Game on her 13th birthday on May 1. A 20 movie marathon is a no-go. But, I'd love to watch a few with her leading up to End Game.

So, for those more familiar, is there a good set of 3 movies that would serve as an apt 'primer' marathon for End Game, or would we be best simply grabbing any two earlier movies and then watching Infinity War?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
amcjeepman
Studio

Wow just 3 is hard. Of the top of my head I'd say Iron Man as it was the foundation of the MCU. Then the Avengers as it introduced Thanos (end credit scenes are important) , Guardians of the Galaxy due to the importance of the Infinity Stones and I would add Thor Ragnarok as a lead in to Infinity War. There are others that would be good as well but that's my .02
Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 PM   #10
PSULion22
Grand Villa

If you're only picking 3, then take the 3 Avengers films - The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Avengers: Infinity War. As fun as other standalone titles are, Endgame isn't going to make any sense without those 3 movies. I also would suggest the first of all the single films - Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Spider Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel. Characters and plot points that might be relevant to Endgame are also introduced in Iron Man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Ant Man and the Wasp, Guardians 2, and Thor: Ragnarok (though IM2, GotG2, and Ragnarok only introduce minor characters and could possibly be skipped). You can skip Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and probably even Captain America: Civil War. The reality is that it would be impossible to jump into the 20th (and what is really just the second half of the 19th) movie of a decade-plus long series after only picking 3 to watch.