home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Ok, thought you just returned Well good to hear about the Carnival Pride. Any particular deck and room location you prefer?

Canít wait to hear all about your cruise....
On the Pride, both times, we had a balcony on a deck that had a cabin deck above us and a cabin deck below us. Really liked it. One was mid aft portside and other was forward mid starboard side. On all my cruises my fave cabin was an aft extended balcony. Also had a Havana cabin on the Horizon and LOVED the Havana section but hated our inside cabin as it was right above the Havana bar band stage. This Royal cruise we are in 2 connecting inside cabins right below the atrium lobby area so we'll see how noisy that is. We had to move cabins after DS dropped out (we had 3 kids in a cabin down the hall from us and they made me move to a 2 person cabin and it had to be next door to us since DDs are only 19). I had a quiet location initially booked, I think with cabins above and below, but DS backed out about 3 months ago and not much was left that met Royal requirements. We don't tend to do oceanview anymore as it's a waste of extra money. If I can't talk DH into shelling out for the balcony then I just do an inside. Though on our 1 Royal cruise we had a neat window cabin that looked out on an outside deck that went all down the side of the ship and had chairs out there. We could got out our cabin and walk a few steps to a door that led out on that deck and could sit right under our window, in the shade as it was covered, and read with glass of wine. I liked that.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #12
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Looking forward to the report. Do let us know what you think about Grandeur.

And good luck with boarding the dog. That has to be rough leaving with those concerns. Fingers crossed it all goes well for everyone.

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Looking forward to your cruise trip report and hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

Also, keeping fingers crossed that your dog does well while you're gone.
Beloved family pets are always a worry when traveling.

Have fun!!!
Thanks. I hate to board him for 2 weeks but at least he'll be at our vet and confined a bit to rest up. And they can keep an eye on him. I was going to drive him to MD with us on the 1st and then kennel him up there on the 3rd to the 12th. Then he'd have to stay with my mom overnight while we take DDs back up to college. And my mom is also having pain and mobility issues so maybe it's best to leave him here in NC at our vet.

update on cruise...just cancelled our drink package. Don't think we'll drink our money's worth. I will keep a tally to see how we do. The refund for cancelling was $934. I bet our drink tab (including any sodas, water bottles, coffees) will be at least $300 less than that. We have 5 port days, 4 of which we would have to pay for drinks already.

Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Old 12-26-2018, 07:52 PM   #13
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Have a great time and good luck with boarding your dog.

Looking forward to your report.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #14
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Thanks Brian...hope your Xmas Disney trip was (or is...are you still there?) a blast!

Thanks! Here until New Year’s Day, then January depression sets in.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks! Here until New Yearís Day, then January depression sets in.
Hope your last 24 hours of this trip is good! Have fun and safe travels home tomorrow!!

Old 12-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #16
disneyridleys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post

update on cruise...just cancelled our drink package. Don't think we'll drink our money's worth. I will keep a tally to see how we do. The refund for cancelling was $934. I bet our drink tab (including any sodas, water bottles, coffees) will be at least $300 less than that. We have 5 port days, 4 of which we would have to pay for drinks already.
Wow! I will be interested to hear how it goes!
Do you guys bring drinks with you as well?
disneyridleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:03 PM   #17
william1375
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Booked this ship for a Labor Day cruise next year

william1375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:10 PM   #18
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyridleys View Post
Wow! I will be interested to hear how it goes!
Do you guys bring drinks with you as well?
Oh, thanks for reminder. We can carry on 2 bottles of wine. Def will do that. Jeesh, almost forgot that.

Also, decided to nix going to Disney on PC day. There are NFL play offs on that day (including Ravens) and we will be at Disney for a week in March and this little day trip there would cost us quite a bit (and would make DDs' APs expiration date sooner).

Old 12-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #19
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Looking forward to the TR. We've never cruised....hope to sooner than later, and trying to get as much info/opinions/comparisons as possible.
Have fun. Happy new year!!!
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:02 PM   #20
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Happy New Year to everyone!!!