home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM   #11
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Been a few weeks, but ordered APs...they show up online just fine. Wife mentioned yesterday that we never got anything in the mail...??
So, what do I show them at the window when I want to get my real passes? Do I have to be all modern and show them the email I got or something.
Link them to your MDE accounts and then activate at Guest Services. They'll need your band, membership card, and ID.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #12
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Link them to your MDE accounts and then activate at Guest Services. They'll need your band, membership card, and ID.
Okay! That's on my list to do this morning, "customize our bands"
Old 01-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #13
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
To clarify - Boulder Ridge Villas is the original DVC building - previously known as Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins has the converted hotel rooms inside the main WL building.

Just like booking Jambo or Kidani at AKL by booking either BRV or CCV you will know which building you are in.
Further clarity: those lovely cabins on the lake are also part of CCV. But you can't have one; you only have enough points for 2/3 of a night.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
Old 01-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #14
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Been a few weeks, but ordered APs...they show up online just fine. Wife mentioned yesterday that we never got anything in the mail...??
So, what do I show them at the window when I want to get my real passes? Do I have to be all modern and show them the email I got or something.
Ordered at AP in October and November - each time I received an email with a bar code and instructions to print and present at customer service before entering the parks.

In October they automatically printed me a hard card.

In November they asked DH if he wanted a hard card. It seemed like in November she was puzzled as to why we stopped by with the bar code as the AP's were already attached to our MBs.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #15
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

We locked ourselves out of the room one time at OKW...felt dumb but basically we just walked out without having the band. Understandable in my head because it feels like I'm at home...maybe I was going to the pool or the ice machine or laundry or just walking around, a million things that don't require the band. Anyway it was a little bit of a to-do. I was thinking, what if I took the puck from one of the new bands and had it in my pocket, I pretty much always have my pants on...hee hee...then something made me think...would the AP hard-card let me in? Should I just ask for a card-key at the front desk, to keep in my wallet?

Maybe just having that little puck in my pocket would be more convenient than a wrist band, anyway...hmm

Of course, none of this will do me any good when that one evening comes along that I'm in pajama pants and a sweatshirt and go to the ice machine for a drink when "click!" behind me. Wife's usually in there, I guess.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #16
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
No. It's the new Disney thing to put only showers in some rooms. They are not HA indicative although I'm sure one or two are just as one or two with tubs are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I was only quoting 2 studios in case you were looking for two queen beds.
I may have misunderstood the room request as a Wilderness Lodge hotel room (which can be obtained on DVC points at a premium point use) vs CCV studio.
There is a dedicated option with a walk-in shower for the studio if desired but don't know if is specific to HA.
DH has a problem controlling the water in HA shower. Personally I like a walk-in shower.

Quote:
To clarify - Boulder Ridge Villas is the original DVC building - previously known as Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins has the converted hotel rooms inside the main WL building.

Just like booking Jambo or Kidani at AKL by booking either BRV or CCV you will know which building you are in.
Thank you all
Old 01-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Ordered at AP in October and November - each time I received an email with a bar code and instructions to print and present at customer service before entering the parks.
Just found my email in gmail, it's from 12/5 and the barcode graphic is missing...hmm...like it's just blank. Oh well, shouldn't be a problem, they are already linked in MDE.

My brain is always thinking old-school; I always have a problem with the fact that I didn't get a card in the mail when I paid $1100 for two of them...I'm trying to work through it
Old 01-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #18
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We locked ourselves out of the room one time at OKW...felt dumb but basically we just walked out without having the band. Understandable in my head because it feels like I'm at home...maybe I was going to the pool or the ice machine or laundry or just walking around, a million things that don't require the band. Anyway it was a little bit of a to-do. I was thinking, what if I took the puck from one of the new bands and had it in my pocket, I pretty much always have my pants on...hee hee...then something made me think...would the AP hard-card let me in?
Yes, the AP Card will work on your room door. The AP Card is RFID enabled and performs many of the same functions as a MagicBand (except no long range tracking).
Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #19
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Just found my email in gmail, it's from 12/5 and the barcode graphic is missing...hmm...like it's just blank. Oh well, shouldn't be a problem, they are already linked in MDE.

My brain is always thinking old-school; I always have a problem with the fact that I didn't get a card in the mail when I paid $1100 for two of them...I'm trying to work through it
You'll get the physical card at Guest Services when they activate. The code should be good enough but since they are already linked they don't need that to go looking for the tickets in their system.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #20
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Default HELP with combining/linking

HELP PLEASE! First time I've done this scenario.

Have BWV May 2-4 reservation (transferred BWV points)
Have BWV May 4-5 reservation (rented from BWV owner)

Obviously the May 4-5 doesn't show up on DVC site so can't ask them to help.

Both show up on MDE (manually entered the rented one) but I need them combined/linked (don't know correct word) so I hopefully don't have to change rooms. FP and ADR should be no problem as both on MDE.

Who do I contact? A phone call to BWV giving them both #'s and ask them to combine/link?
Closed Thread