home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #21
T1lersm0m
Grand Villa

According to allears, which is a great resource, the smaller boats do not accommodate EVC's, but the larger boats do. However, if water levels are low, the larger boats cannot accommodate them.

http://allears.net/pl/transveh.htm

This is also confirmed on the Mom's panel:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney....ssible-285810/

FW Feb 2001
FW March 2004
AKL August 2004
DL July 2005
PC September 2006
All Star Sports September 2007
PC December 2009
POFQ January 2011 (cold year!)
Offsite March 2012
CS November 2012
Offsite November/December 2013
OKW December 2014
AKV November 2015
HHI December 2016 (one night only)
SSR December 2016
T1lersm0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Because of a back problem we will be renting a scooter for the third time when we head to WDW in 2 weeks. DH has rented through Best Price Mobility twice before and we will be using them again. He had no problems with using the scooter in the parks or buses.
I have a question though about our upcoming trip and hope that someone will be able to answer it. This time we are staying at VWL (Boulder Ridge). Will he be able to get the boat from the Lodge to MK? I know that the bigger boats that go from the campground to MK can accommodate the scooter, we did that going to HDDR. But I see these smaller boats going to the Poly and GF. You have to step down into those. He can't take the scooter on those smaller boats.
I am concerned about getting from the lodge to MK. I can't seem to remember what boats they use. Hoping someone here will be able to answer.
Yes, the red flag will allow you depending on the water levels
http://diz-abled.com/using-disney-wo...cv-wheelchair/

This is a pretty easy to follow guide to help with which allows an ECV and which do not. All of the MK boats are subject to water levels though.