home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Default 3 Resorts x 3 people = 9 Magic Bands???

Hi all - searched and looked through a bunch of pages in this topic but couldn'nt find what I was looking for.

This is our 1st ever in 10 years of DVC ownership we are doing a split stay x 3. So now that I have 9 MB's for the 3 of us going......

Which set gets our park tickets?
We are also adding the QS DDP and which set will it go on?

When we check into Copper Creek can they get us down to one set of MB's?

I won't do online check in since the last time we did that the DDP did not get activated until a call was made to the resort.

TIA

Steve

Is there good coffee at Disney World?
Yes! In my villa when I am at WDW.

French Press Coffee Service 2 out of 3 not bad.

2015 MouseOwners NCAA Bracket Champion
coffeeroasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeroasters View Post
Hi all - searched and looked through a bunch of pages in this topic but couldn'nt find what I was looking for.

This is our 1st ever in 10 years of DVC ownership we are doing a split stay x 3. So now that I have 9 MB's for the 3 of us going......

I won't do online check in since the last time we did that the DDP did not get activated until a call was made to the resort.

TIA

Steve
Any of your (active) magic bands can be used interchangeably.

Nothing is actually stored on a magic band, they are just the “key” to your MDE account. Just like you have a spare set of house or car keys, any of your magic bands will work. Choose different colours and coordinate with your outfits!

You used to be able to decline duplicate sets of bands, but I believe that is now only available at on-line check-in.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Your tickets and ddp are linked to your MDE account, not the MBs. So when you have MBs, those are also linked to your MDE account. So all of them work for everything. Just so you know, you can decline additional ones if you only want one instead of three.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Any of your (active) magic bands can be used interchangeably.

Nothing is actually stored on a magic band, they are just the “key” to your MDE account. Just like you have a spare set of house or car keys, any of your magic bands will work. Choose different colours and coordinate with your outfits!

You used to be able to decline duplicate sets of bands, but I believe that is now only available at on-line check-in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Your tickets and ddp are linked to your MDE account, not the MBs. So when you have MBs, those are also linked to your MDE account. So all of them work for everything. Just so you know, you can decline additional ones if you only want one instead of three.
Thank you both for the quick replies!!!

It has been 2 years since we have been to the world and couldn't remember how that worked. What is funny is the DVC rep I was talking to when I got the 3rd reservation laughed that I would be getting 9 MB's I wish I would have not followed what MDE was saying....

Thanks again!

Is there good coffee at Disney World?
Yes! In my villa when I am at WDW.

French Press Coffee Service 2 out of 3 not bad.

2015 MouseOwners NCAA Bracket Champion
coffeeroasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
Blackjack Dog
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We were like you and did a split stay for the first time in 9 years. We stayed at Vero Beach, Beach Club and Old Key West and ended up with 2 new sets of magic bands and a set of room cards from Vero Beach. We also brought some bands from past years. Vero Beach and Beach Club worked great, but we had a hard time with our bands at Old Key West (ironically our favorite resort) - Disney fixed everything in the end so all was good.

We had no trouble with the park tickets or photopass - those worked great and were linked to everything.

I hope you have better luck than we did!
Blackjack Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #6
babysimba
Two Bedroom

As others have already answered your question, I will just say... I wish Disney would simplify their system for sending magic bands. Nine magic bands for 3 people is so wasteful. Not to mention the shipping costs.

As exciting as it is to receive that box in the mail, I am surprised Disney spends the money to ship and doesn't have guests pick up at the resort. Does anyone know why they do it this way?
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:59 PM   #7
Ariel's Sister
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeroasters View Post

TIA

Steve
You can take the (new) spares to the front desk and they will erase and recycle them.
MaryJane
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:19 AM   #8
PrincipalTinker
Studio

I know you said you will not do online check in but if you did you could decline the magic bands for that stay. I always like to have a back up magic band with me just in case one flies off my arm on an attraction (this happened to me once on Buzz). For years I found I could use any magic band on the room door, as long as it was the first band I scanned at the door, but my last two stays the magic band ordered for that stay was the only one that worked without support from the desk.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #9
richviii
Two Bedroom

We had a cast member tell us to tap the other bands we bring to the door once we check in. Doesn’t seem like it should matter but we do it. We also then find out if any don’t work. We also have started to deactivate the older ones since the system can’t handle having so many (we each have 30+ linked on our account)

Recent
2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #10
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
We had a cast member tell us to tap the other bands we bring to the door once we check in. Doesn’t seem like it should matter but we do it. We also then find out if any don’t work. We also have started to deactivate the older ones since the system can’t handle having so many (we each have 30+ linked on our account)
Yes, the tapping always worked in the past for me. February one member of our party could use the band they ordered with their AP, not that stay, but the rest of us could not without going to the desk. Last month, only the bands associated with that stay worked for any of us. This was a change for me.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote