home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #1
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Default Passholder Magic Bands question

We have an upcoming trip this fall. We in the past were Annual Passholders... but let them lapse due to "trip timing" coming up, and then did not renew during the "renewal period". But we then later did buy DVC Gold Passes again. So we have the Gold Passes but they have not been "activated" yet. That will happen the first day of our fall trip.

My question is about the fact that I have heard that there are Annual Pass Holder Magic Bands.... and "regular" Magic Bands.

Our trip in MDE has the "order Magic Bands" section like always. In the past, that is how we've gotten our Magic Bands, including when we 've been a Passholder. But I've heard in some postings people talk about Passholder Magic Bands.

Is there some separate system through which I should be getting the Magic Bands?

best,

...............john
Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

You will not see an option to order MagicBands for your annual pass until it has been activated at WDW.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
BLTMouse
Studio

Passholder MagicBands are identical to regular guest MagicBands. They do come in a different box, however, along with a Passholder slider.
BLTMouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTMouse View Post
Passholder MagicBands are identical to regular guest MagicBands. They do come in a different box, however, along with a Passholder slider.
Yup. They're the same and do all the same things. No difference at all. Just another Magic Band.

Cheers.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #5
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
You will not see an option to order MagicBands for your annual pass until it has been activated at WDW.
Really? Is this a change? We didn't have them this year, but we had AP's for a number of years up through 2018 (last purchase summer of 2017) and always received the bands prior to our first trip (even though the AP's were not activated until our arrival).
Old 09-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Really? Is this a change? We didn't have them this year, but we had AP's for a number of years up through 2018 (last purchase summer of 2017) and always received the bands prior to our first trip (even though the AP's were not activated until our arrival).
Been this way as long as I can remember. I missed a year of APs with magic bands, but been AP holders since the next year they came out. Always been this way.

Are you sure you didn't just have the room bands instead?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #7
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Been this way as long as I can remember. I missed a year of APs with magic bands, but been AP holders since the next year they came out. Always been this way.

Are you sure you didn't just have the room bands instead?
Yep. Always got both. Had room bands AND annual pass bands sent to the house before departure (customized both as well). Always left for the trip with a primary set and back-ups in case any were lost.

Weird.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #8
cw62803
Two Bedroom

You can customize your "passholder" bands just the same as resort bands - they are exactly the same. You can get your passholder bands in advance of your trip - and then activate them once you go to your first park.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #9
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

So some feedback on this here........

I just went to MDE and there were TWO Magic Band order tabs for this coming trip. One was labeled "annual pass" at the very bottom and the other was not. I could fill out both separate sections. So it appears that Disney duplicates the Magic Band order if you have annual passes. AND........ this is before the passes have been used/activated for the first time also.

So question now answered (sort of for myself).

best,

................john
Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
WiltonJohn
Two Bedroom

Thanks all for the feedback.

best,

.................john