home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 PM   #21
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Our thermal detonators are sitting on the dining room table after having flown from MCO to EWR. We did empty them (why let $6 soda go to waste) and will refill them with thermal detonation juice (otherwise known as colored water).

Dirk
Oops. I did the same and brought them home empty in checked bags. Didn't even get the TSA search tag in my luggage so obviously they could tell from scanning that these were empty bottles.

I guess I could see them asking for the caps to be removed when checked or carried on empty, but that's about it for a plastic bottle.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:31 PM   #22
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

I'm not up on Star Wars so up until now, I thought the bottles were just cool little "Star Wars pop bottles", but now I see they are meant to look like Star Wars grenades. Which confuses me, because why are they grenades? If they made "Saving Private Ryan Land" would we make Coke bottles that looked like WWII grenades? Dasani water that looked like mortar rounds?
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #23
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

If I had a park hopper, I would go over the studios next trip and buy these just put in my checked luggage. This is the agency that missed 70% of the weapons in a test but they can make a stink over Coke bottles.

Reminds me of the time they announced they could see liquids with their stupid scanning machine. At that point I put a tube of hand lotion in my purse or briefcase. If an agent ever stopped me and pointed out it was not in my officially approved baggie I planned to write a letter of commendation to the agency. Been doing that since shortly after 911 and so far there’s never been a letter.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote