home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 08-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #51
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
I last went to DLR in 2018 and they didn't have tiering there, at least not to my recollection. You had to step into the park which, once again, gave HUGE advantages to early birds. I got into the park before rope drop, then was able to start booking FP as soon as the early morning started. So I was walking on rides in the back while booking FP for RSR. And whenever we saw a ride was having technical difficulties we'd book FP for that ride and started racking up the Multiple Experiences FP. IT was awesome! But you had to rope drop to maximize rides. I think we were done with all the rides in DCA before noon. Which is a good thing because at DLR you have to be up and in line at something like 6AM everyday.

But what a lot of people like about FP+ at WDW is that you don't have to do rope drop to have a reservation. And that works out very well for AP holders like me who have things we have to do during the day and want to show up in the afternoon or night.

Also, extra phone batteries are a must at DLR. And my kids really hated that I was on my phone all the time. They didn't really get I was fooling around with FP for their sake. I mean they knew that but still resented that I was on my phone all the time.



But did they pay for FP+ or just the overall FP system and Magicbands? The MagicBands, IMO, are a giant waste of money and plastic. People are complaining about plastic straws? I've got like 20 magic bands with all that plastic and batteries, etc. DLR uses your phone. And I'm sure they're getting their money now as they are charging for the things (which all of us here guessed would come once they rolled them out).

In any case, they could keep the entire system they have and still modify it like DLR.
DLP - Disneyland Paris, not SoCal! The DLP system is new. Not sure quite when but pretty recent IIRC, possibly even this year. It’s not the rides that are tiered, it’s the actual FP options that are “tiered”.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/fastpass


But I agree with you about FP+. I much prefer it, because we don’t rope drop. And I like knowing that we can ride our absolute must-do rides with an FP at least once. I also have the advantage of longer stays so there isn’t any ride I can’t get an FP for.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #52
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
DLP - Disneyland Paris, not SoCal! The DLP system is new. Not sure quite when but pretty recent IIRC, possibly even this year. It’s not the rides that are tiered, it’s the actual FP options that are “tiered”.

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/fastpass
My bad. Haven't done that yet.
__________________
Sir Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #53
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
I last went to DLR in 2018 and they didn't have tiering there, at least not to my recollection. You had to step into the park which, once again, gave HUGE advantages to early birds. I got into the park before rope drop, then was able to start booking FP as soon as the early morning started. So I was walking on rides in the back while booking FP for RSR. And whenever we saw a ride was having technical difficulties we'd book FP for that ride and started racking up the Multiple Experiences FP. IT was awesome! But you had to rope drop to maximize rides. I think we were done with all the rides in DCA before noon. Which is a good thing because at DLR you have to be up and in line at something like 6AM everyday.

But what a lot of people like about FP+ at WDW is that you don't have to do rope drop to have a reservation. And that works out very well for AP holders like me who have things we have to do during the day and want to show up in the afternoon or night.

Also, extra phone batteries are a must at DLR. And my kids really hated that I was on my phone all the time. They didn't really get I was fooling around with FP for their sake. I mean they knew that but still resented that I was on my phone all the time.



But did they pay for FP+ or just the overall FP system and Magicbands? The MagicBands, IMO, are a giant waste of money and plastic. People are complaining about plastic straws? I've got like 20 magic bands with all that plastic and batteries, etc. DLR uses your phone. And I'm sure they're getting their money now as they are charging for the things (which all of us here guessed would come once they rolled them out).

In any case, they could keep the entire system they have and still modify it like DLR.
Your premise is based on another incorrect assumption. We are not rope droppers and have always gotten FPs for any ride at DL and continue with new ones usually right up until almost the end of the day. A vastly better product for our family guest satisfaction vs FP+.

I believe FP+ was only added add something the guest could really see. And as a way to surruptuously spread guest out to more attractions. Mostly as a front for what MDE really was only about.- getting as much money as possible from each guest. It has decreased our enjoyment at WDW.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #54
D C
Add-on Aficionado
 
D C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 10,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Your premise is based on another incorrect assumption. We are not rope droppers and have always gotten FPs for any ride at DL and continue with new ones usually right up until almost the end of the day. A vastly better product for our family guest satisfaction vs FP+.

I believe FP+ was only added add something the guest could really see. And as a way to surruptuously spread guest out to more attractions. Mostly as a front for what MDE really was only about.- getting as much money as possible from each guest. It has decreased our enjoyment at WDW.
The parks would be a much better experience without FP+, imho.

As I said before, the FP lines are the regular lines and the standby lines are now the penalty lines.

But people compare the two and are somehow happy about the situation.
"Standby was an hour, but I only had to wait in the FP line for 15 minutes" Nevermind that the REAL wait for the ride was only about 20-25 minutes (80-90% of people went through the FP line @ 15 min, and 10-20% went in the penalty line @ 60 min)


The mouse isn't using this to make the experience ANY better for the guests. As people have said before, this allows the mouse to minimise service. So long as the penalty line has a posted wait that is sufficiently longer than the FP line, people will believe the hoax.
__________________
~Dave
D C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software