home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Default Frontier $15 fares

A $15 one-way ticket to New York-Newark!? A today-only sale from Frontier Airlines makes that possible — with a catch!

Just tried mco for a few dates $39 each way

The airline is introducing its newest nonstop route from six cities (follows Southwest’s departure from EWR) with $15 one-way rates for November 14-February 12 travel.

Fly to/from Newark from these airports:
Atlanta
Phoenix
Orlando
Las Vegas
Miami
West Palm Beach
The catch? The deal is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in each direction. There are also blackout dates: November 22-December 2 and December 20-January 6.

Remember that Frontier charges $30-$60 for a carry-on bag and from $25-$60 for a checked bag.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
lisacast
One Bedroom

wow that is a really good deal thank you!

Owner since 2012
lisacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

great price .. before you add on the luggage, and seat assignment ... and bathroom fee (ok joking here)

Frontier does a great job of "tempting" you with their lower fares (I have first hand experience) .. but in the end I typically find them close to SW. And for the better reliability, and more frequent service, I would pick SW every time (even if it means i need to drive an extra 20 minutes to PHL, instead of EWR)
Old 08-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi3323 View Post
great price .. before you add on the luggage, and seat assignment ... and bathroom fee (ok joking here)

Frontier does a great job of "tempting" you with their lower fares (I have first hand experience) .. but in the end I typically find them close to SW. And for the better reliability, and more frequent service, I would pick SW every time (even if it means i need to drive an extra 20 minutes to PHL, instead of EWR)

Yep, unfortunately quite true.
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
5 Mouseketeers
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi3323 View Post

We’ve flown Frontier once...never again!
Old 08-28-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
Jawfish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
A $15 one-way ticket to New York-Newark!? A today-only sale from Frontier Airlines makes that possible — with a catch!

Just tried mco for a few dates $39 each way

The airline is introducing its newest nonstop route from six cities (follows Southwest’s departure from EWR) with $15 one-way rates for November 14-February 12 travel.

Fly to/from Newark from these airports:
Atlanta
Phoenix
Orlando
Las Vegas
Miami
West Palm Beach
The catch? The deal is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in each direction. There are also blackout dates: November 22-December 2 and December 20-January 6.

Remember that Frontier charges $30-$60 for a carry-on bag and from $25-$60 for a checked bag.
We try to fly American and on our last trip gave into a lower fare on Spirit. Check the fine print. After being charged for bags and such, could have stuck with American.

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2015 PVB (Oct - 1st DVC Trip)
2016 PVB (May - Honeymoon)
2017 BLT (May - Pandora Preview)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)
2019 SSR (Aug - SW:GE Preview)
2019 PVB (Sep)

2019 DL Cali Offsite (Oct)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Jawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #7
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

OK, I am seriously considering a weekend trip to head down to mainly ride the Skyliner and probably visit Galaxy's Edge again. I want to ride that Skyliner so badly.

The cheapest airfare I can find is Frontier. I understand they nickel and dime you to death, and if I was going for a longer time and needed more luggage, it probably would not be an option.

I have heard that as long as your bag fits under the seat in front of you, that it is not considered a carry-on and there is no charge. Is that correct? I have a small rolling bag that would hold enough clothes, etc. that I think I would be ok for the short trip. My roundtrip airfare would be $95.98 leaving on a Saturday morning and returning late Monday afternoon.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
OK, I am seriously considering a weekend trip to head down to mainly ride the Skyliner and probably visit Galaxy's Edge again. I want to ride that Skyliner so badly.

The cheapest airfare I can find is Frontier. I understand they nickel and dime you to death, and if I was going for a longer time and needed more luggage, it probably would not be an option.

I have heard that as long as your bag fits under the seat in front of you, that it is not considered a carry-on and there is no charge. Is that correct? I have a small rolling bag that would hold enough clothes, etc. that I think I would be ok for the short trip. My roundtrip airfare would be $95.98 leaving on a Saturday morning and returning late Monday afternoon.
from their web site

1 Personal item is included - Remember, it MUST fit under the seat in front of you or you'll be charged the gate bag price listed above.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
from their web site

1 Personal item is included - Remember, it MUST fit under the seat in front of you or you'll be charged the gate bag price listed above.
Yes, this is one of those short squatty bags. I just found info on Seat Guru's site that gave some guidelines: 18 in x 14 in x 8 in, so I need to check my bag when I get home.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
Prettynpink
Two Bedroom

If you're flexible on travel dates, can go somewhat last minute, don't need any of the extras and can pack minimal (this has been a learning experience for me the past year) you can get some fantastic deals on Frontier. I just started flying Frontier the last 12 months and have gotten some insane deals I don't know how they can offer and still operate. Flying PVD (Rhode Island) - MCO round trip Oct 2-5 $34.60. The lowest I've had before that was $58 RT.

I live about a 5-10 minute drive to my local airport so I buy the tickets there saving the CIC fee (fee for booking online). This last trip the CIC fee was $42 that I didn't pay because I bought the tickets at Frontier ticket counter. My home airport PVD is relatively small and right off the highway so very easy to get to. They have also given me a free seat assignment within the first few rows without me even asking. Which was especially nice for the trip with my 11yr old niece.

To buy the tickets at your airport you need to go while their ticket/check in counter is open which is 2 hours before flights that day and they close 45min before the flight. And at my airport they close in between flights so you really need to look up flight times they have departing that day.

I travel with just the personal size item. A duffel at first but after hurting my back I bought a nice roll on (from walmart.com) that fits their size limit for the personal item. If you can really limit your shoes to only what your wearing or 1 additional pair that's not too bulky and don't over pack clothes its amazing how much you can fit in the allowed size bag.

December big family trip flying SW again since everyone else is and its going to feel weird having all that suitcase room now!