home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole > Community Hall Polls
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Least Favorite DVC Resort
Animal Kingdom 4 5.13%
Bay Lake 13 16.67%
Beach Club 1 1.28%
Boardwalk 8 10.26%
Boulder Ridge 0 0%
Copper Creek 0 0%
Grand Floridian 5 6.41%
Old Key West 9 11.54%
Polynesian 8 10.26%
Saratoga Springs 22 28.21%
Aulani 2 2.56%
Grand Californian 0 0%
Hilton Head 1 1.28%
Vero Beach 3 3.85%
I love them all! (which I know you are lying) 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2019, 11:31 PM   #61
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djohn06 View Post
Wow really surprised at the high Jambo praise over Kidani. Kidani is so much more quiet, has a pool that is more secluded, closer animal viewing, covered parking lot, extra bathrooms in 1 and 2 bedrooms, a community center and the first bus stop.

Jambo has a nice lobby, but that's about it. I know Jambo has QS too but Mara is only a 10 minute walk from Kidani on avg.
It all depends on experiences. We would always stay at Jambo prior to Kidani. Once it was built, our buses were placed second, Mara became extra crowded and the bus lines at the parks doubled. That left a bad taste for me. Then I decided to give Kidani a chance. Couldn't stand it. Yes, it's smaller but with that every night I had to squeeze through the crowded lobby (hubby calls it the size of a garage) of people waiting for their ADRs to the much more narrow hallways, always feeling squeezed every time passing people in the hallway. The walls are paper thin. The pool is not cozy like Jambo. I'm not sure if the foliage has grown in but when we were there last, I could see a billboard in the distance. Took me out of my bubble. Just love Jambo so much better. We've gotten to know the CMs there and look forward chatting with them each visit.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #62
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Wow really surprised at the high Jambo praise over Kidani. Kidani is so much more quiet, has a pool that is more secluded, closer animal viewing, covered parking lot, extra bathrooms in 1 and 2 bedrooms, a community center and the first bus stop.

Jambo has a nice lobby, but that's about it. I know Jambo has QS too but Mara is only a 10 minute walk from Kidani on avg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
It all depends on experiences. We would always stay at Jambo prior to Kidani. Once it was built, our buses were placed second, Mara became extra crowded and the bus lines at the parks doubled. That left a bad taste for me. Then I decided to give Kidani a chance. Couldn't stand it. Yes, it's smaller but with that every night I had to squeeze through the crowded lobby (hubby calls it the size of a garage) of people waiting for their ADRs to the much more narrow hallways, always feeling squeezed every time passing people in the hallway. The walls are paper thin. The pool is not cozy like Jambo. I'm not sure if the foliage has grown in but when we were there last, I could see a billboard in the distance. Took me out of my bubble. Just love Jambo so much better. We've gotten to know the CMs there and look forward chatting with them each visit.
Kidani v. Jambo is a really hard call for me. I love the Jambo lobby and the much better stock in the gift shop. It's good for Mara to be so convenient, and I generally like the pool are better. We also stayed there three times before the DVC conversion, so it's a real first-love for us (our first Disney cash resort).

All of that, I'm less happy with being on the 5th floor (prefer lower floors for animal viewing) and I'm not excited about the busses being 2nd. That's not a deal breaker, though.

Kidani's big plus, to me, is the underground parking, getting lower level rooms, and the tastiness (and quietness) of the Sanaa breakfast.

Pool is nice, but can get crowded. If we had kids, I would probably prefer the Kidani pool.

That said, I have a hunger to experience Jambo again, but every time I check, it's booked!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #63
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
LOL at "The Garage".

It is perspective and you have good points,

It does seem like the newest CMs are in Kidani. I even saw a DVC member pushing one of the moving carts on her own with her Amazon Prime order. I thought to myself BLT, BCV, Poly or VGF would never just let you take a cart." But, that also made me see Kidani like most timeshares. It's more home away from home than true deluxe feeling. I wasn't bothered by it. I just said, next time I visit Kidani I won't have to set aside $50 in tips like at the other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Kidani v. Jambo is a really hard call for me. I love the Jambo lobby and the much better stock in the gift shop. It's good for Mara to be so convenient, and I generally like the pool are better. We also stayed there three times before the DVC conversion, so it's a real first-love for us (our first Disney cash resort).

All of that, I'm less happy with being on the 5th floor (prefer lower floors for animal viewing) and I'm not excited about the busses being 2nd. That's not a deal breaker, though.

Kidani's big plus, to me, is the underground parking, getting lower level rooms, and the tastiness (and quietness) of the Sanaa breakfast.

Pool is nice, but can get crowded. If we had kids, I would probably prefer the Kidani pool.

That said, I have a hunger to experience Jambo again, but every time I check, it's booked!

Dirk
Both AK resorts are booking faster these days.

Just a quick check across standard studio rooms across several resorts from November 1 - Jan 10th shows the following number of available nights:

BLT - 11 nights - 30 units
BWV - 17 nights - 52 units
Kidani - 20 nights - 60 units
Jambo - 21 nights - 48 units
VGF - 21 nights - 30 units
Poly - 35 nights - 288 units

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #64
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
LOL at "The Garage".

It is perspective and you have good points,

It does seem like the newest CMs are in Kidani. I even saw a DVC member pushing one of the moving carts on her own with her Amazon Prime order. I thought to myself BLT, BCV, Poly or VGF would never just let you take a cart." But, that also made me see Kidani like most timeshares. It's more home away from home than true deluxe feeling. I wasn't bothered by it. I just said, next time I visit Kidani I won't have to set aside $50 in tips like at the other resorts.

Both AK resorts are booking faster these days.

Just a quick check across standard studio rooms across several resorts from November 1 - Jan 10th shows the following number of available nights:

BLT - 11 nights - 30 units
BWV - 17 nights - 52 units
Kidani - 20 nights - 60 units
Jambo - 21 nights - 48 units
VGF - 21 nights - 30 units
Poly - 35 nights - 288 units
Are the number of units total inventory, or the number of available units (not yet booked)? If the latter, how do you see that?

Interesting that VGF and Poly both have more nights available than Kidani and VGF ties with Jambo. In my case, I would look at Savanna view.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #65
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Are the number of units total inventory, or the number of available units (not yet booked)? If the latter, how do you see that?

Interesting that VGF and Poly both have more nights available than Kidani and VGF ties with Jambo. In my case, I would look at Savanna view.

Dirk
Number of units were total number of standard studios at resort. The first number was the number of units available.

Total number of units is available on quite a few sites. For available units, I just searched each one on the member site.

Poly might had had more nights but the percentage booked already was pretty high.

Djohn06 is online now   Reply With Quote