home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #1961
tseverman
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hello Everyone

My Wife and I just bought our first Home Away From Home. We are so excited to be DVC members and can't wait to discover the benefits. If anyone has any helpful hints of how we can make the best of what we got We would really appreciate it or if there is a thread on here that already discusses that please let us know.

Our HAFH is at Copper Creek. We've stayed there several times and just fell in love with the place. I've stayed at several other places with family and even though I loved those places as well, CC just felt right for She and I.

Thank you all for being here and any pointers you have. We look forward to learning from you.
Tyrone Everman
tseverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #1962
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseverman View Post
My Wife and I just bought our first Home Away From Home. We are so excited to be DVC members and can't wait to discover the benefits. If anyone has any helpful hints of how we can make the best of what we got We would really appreciate it or if there is a thread on here that already discusses that please let us know.

Our HAFH is at Copper Creek. We've stayed there several times and just fell in love with the place. I've stayed at several other places with family and even though I loved those places as well, CC just felt right for She and I.

Thank you all for being here and any pointers you have. We look forward to learning from you.
Tyrone Everman
Welcome! What an exciting time for you! I just completed my purchase earlier this year and will be taking my first trip as a DVC member in January.

When you get your first trip planned, be sure to note it in the trip planning thread.
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #1963
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Tyrone Everman
Welcome! Congratulations on your your CCV purchase. Really just being active on the boards you will learn so much. Come and read daily and join in on the conversations!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #1964
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:

Tyrone Everman

Congratulations!! Welcome Home and Welcome to MO!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #1965
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Tyrone Everman
A family after my own heart. We love LOVE Wilderness Lodge. Just got back from a 4 night stay in one of the cabins. A-MA-ZING! Congratulations and Welcome.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #1966
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Tyrone Everman

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:11 AM   #1967
Stuart Song
One Bedroom

Quote:

Tyrone Everman
Congratulations and welcome home. Just let us know when addonitis hits you.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #1968
jadenbru
One Bedroom

Default I'm backkkkkk!

So I am not new here per say... But I haven't been on in a VERY long time. Had some craziness in my life the past few years to say the least. I wound up on MO today looking for the answer to a question I had about splitting a reservation (looks like it's not as easy anymore... also I tried asking about this in one of the DVC facebook groups and got absolutely SKEWERED and trolled hard) and decided I'd finally update my profile, log back in and say hello.

In a nutshell here's my update- our family finally decided to move to the Orlando area in the summer of 2016. It didn't work out for us- or at least not for me. I found out I was pregnant that December in the midst of some VERY rocky marital issues, separated in March 2017, had the baby girl that September, divorced in November. Now I'm figuring out this whole single Mom thing and still using points and miles to hack trips and be able to get to Florida often- I have to be even more frugal and smart about this now that I'm on my own. For now, we've decided that rather than selling our DVC (since Disney won't let you split it even in the case of divorce) we will trade off years for who uses the points. 2019 is my year, woo!

I'm not sure who is still here that was around back when I was very active in 2013-2014, if anyone. But no matter- hello to everyone, old and new MO friends!! I'm here now, still alive and kicking, still own DVC (for the time anyway...) and hoping to catch up with you all and your Disney adventures.

Now, what have I missed?!
jadenbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #1969
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenbru View Post
So I am not new here per say... But I haven't been on in a VERY long time. Had some craziness in my life the past few years to say the least. I wound up on MO today looking for the answer to a question I had about splitting a reservation (looks like it's not as easy anymore... also I tried asking about this in one of the DVC facebook groups and got absolutely SKEWERED and trolled hard) and decided I'd finally update my profile, log back in and say hello.

In a nutshell here's my update- our family finally decided to move to the Orlando area in the summer of 2016. It didn't work out for us- or at least not for me. I found out I was pregnant that December in the midst of some VERY rocky marital issues, separated in March 2017, had the baby girl that September, divorced in November. Now I'm figuring out this whole single Mom thing and still using points and miles to hack trips and be able to get to Florida often- I have to be even more frugal and smart about this now that I'm on my own. For now, we've decided that rather than selling our DVC (since Disney won't let you split it even in the case of divorce) we will trade off years for who uses the points. 2019 is my year, woo!

I'm not sure who is still here that was around back when I was very active in 2013-2014, if anyone. But no matter- hello to everyone, old and new MO friends!! I'm here now, still alive and kicking, still own DVC (for the time anyway...) and hoping to catch up with you all and your Disney adventures.

Now, what have I missed?!

Welcome back! So sorry about the divorce.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:23 AM   #1970
Extraordimary
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Hey y'all. Found this forum as I am planning (yet) another trip to Disney for next year and a few friends mentioned checking out some DVC places. Big Disney fan since I was a kid and used to go almost every year with nephews and niece, but it's been a few years!

Since it's been a couple of years (and the friend going with me in 2019 hasn't been since she was a kid and can't remember), hoping to find some new tips and tricks.

Anyway, hi!
Extraordimary is offline   Reply With Quote