home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom
 
PurrfectPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 366
Default Disney After Hours Events

Never been before. Thinking of going. Any thoughts? Tips? Thanks!
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
ffstreetdoc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 48
Default

You will see a split on this one. Many think it is not worth the $$ for a few hours in the park. I will tell you, we were fortunate enough to discover this on an anniversary trip. CM at SSR "spread a little random magic" and gave us two passes. We have been on many trips to DWD and can not tell you how many MK days. This was the most amazing three hours you can spend in the park. When people say "walk on" wait times, it is not an exaggeration. We were literally getting off SDMT, going right back through the FP+ entrance and back on the ride. The do make you offload after each ride but still . WE rode POC alone in a boat. There are places in the park you will find yourself alone.

We have a trip planned first week of December and bought tickets to DAH for December 3rd when we were there in September lol. WE will attend the event any time we are there and it is offered.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
swat08
Studio
 
swat08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstreetdoc View Post
You will see a split on this one. Many think it is not worth the $$ for a few hours in the park. I will tell you, we were fortunate enough to discover this on an anniversary trip. CM at SSR "spread a little random magic" and gave us two passes. We have been on many trips to DWD and can not tell you how many MK days. This was the most amazing three hours you can spend in the park. When people say "walk on" wait times, it is not an exaggeration. We were literally getting off SDMT, going right back through the FP+ entrance and back on the ride. The do make you offload after each ride but still . WE rode POC alone in a boat. There are places in the park you will find yourself alone.

We have a trip planned first week of December and bought tickets to DAH for December 3rd when we were there in September lol. WE will attend the event any time we are there and it is offered.

Same here - we will always buy tickets to this event. We went 2 different evenings in August. We had a few rides we were able to ride again without getting off and going back through the line. The longest wait we had was at Peter Pan and it was 15 minutes. Sad that we are missing it in December - we come back home on the 2nd.
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom
 
MagicJourneys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 610
Default

We did the second one ever and it was wonderful- everything was walk-on, even 7DMT and Peter Pan. However, it sounds like Disney has been selling more tickets to these events recently and I have seen mentions of 30 minute waits for 7DMT which would be a significant downgrade.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #5
ffstreetdoc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
We did the second one ever and it was wonderful- everything was walk-on, even 7DMT and Peter Pan. However, it sounds like Disney has been selling more tickets to these events recently and I have seen mentions of 30 minute waits for 7DMT which would be a significant downgrade.
When wait times get to that point we will stop going to DAH. It is only a 3 hour event, 2 1/2 hours of real time when you factor in the regular crowd cycling out. Waiting 30 minutes is 20% of your time. The whole point is to have the park to use with very little wait and few people.
ffstreetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #6
disneymomof2
Grand Villa
 
disneymomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,171
Default

We were tossing up doing an After Hours at MK....anyone been to one of these events since the November posts? Any more opinions or updated information available is appreciated!


ETA: I just read the SAH flop thread..... still hoping for more info.
__________________
Pam

ME DH DS20 DD17

Last edited by disneymomof2; 12-06-2018 at 07:13 PM.
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:58 PM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,800
Default

...remember when the FPís were a great invention, and then everybody figured them out?
I sincerely worry WDW will eliminate eveningmagic hours for guests and just offer them for the one hour in morn. I think that is all that is offered at DL hotel property. If we show support for paying for what was once free/ we deserve the ultimate result.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 PM   #8
grayandry
Grand Villa
 
grayandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,679
Default

Can you just buy the event tickets, or do you also need a daily ticket for the park?
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #9
DBridge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 61
Default

I agree it's almost eerily empty. We rode empty cars/boats on pretty much everything. We also road 7dmt enough that we got off at one point and said we may never have to get fast passes for it again.

In my top 5 favorite splurges in my Disney career, it's number 4.

1) Family Cabana at CC
2) V&A
3) copper creek cabin
4) after hours
5) VIP tour
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #10
nicsmom
Grand Villa
 
nicsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
...remember when the FPís were a great invention, and then everybody figured them out?
I sincerely worry WDW will eliminate eveningmagic hours for guests and just offer them for the one hour in morn. I think that is all that is offered at DL hotel property. If we show support for paying for what was once free/ we deserve the ultimate result.
Already happening, EMH, esp in the evening will be a thing of the past very soon, I predict. I will be at WDW the week leading up to Christmas. The whole 8 days that we are there, not a single EMH offered at DAK or DHS. 8pm closing each night. BUT....hard ticket Disney after hours IS being offered. $$

I hate to say this, but my family is growing up and changing and our park-intensive trips will be a thing of the past. If I donít have to buy a familyís worth of 7 day park tickets I will be satisfied to attend an after hours event or two. That is, until they over sell them and they are no different than your average ďday in the parksĒ!
__________________
.
We LOVE OKW !!!
Since 2011
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software