home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2018, 10:01 AM   #41
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Thank you everyone for all the opinions. Since we’ve never been for dinner, it is hard to make a decision about it without asking others who have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch_Fan View Post
We were able to try the new dinner during our November trip and really enjoyed it. Hubby had the octopus & steak I had the escargot and lamb chops. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The waiter was very pleasant and was around when we needed him but didn't hoover.
To see the beast you need to leave your table and wait in line to see him at his throne. We didn't do this but were close enough to hear the little ones happy giggles.
We have already made another reservation for our trip coming up in May. I'm crossing my fingers we have another good experience.
I wasn’t aware you had to stand in line to see the beast. I thought he walked around to the tables. Another line sounds less than appealing.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #42
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Thank you everyone for all the opinions. Since we’ve never been for dinner, it is hard to make a decision about it without asking others who have been.

I wasn’t aware you had to stand in line to see the beast. I thought he walked around to the tables. Another line sounds less than appealing.
The only time we dined at BOG, Beast was not circulating like at a regular character meal. You had to go find him and then wait in line.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #43
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

If you have not been......go and give it a try. You might end up pleasantly surprised. We go to BOG about once every 2 years. Its not a must do and see, but we will add it on occasion to mix things up. Last time we were there was 2 years ago and it was a spontaneous walk-up for lunch.

Quote:

I believe it has always been that way, or at least that's how I remember it.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #44
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

The beast at BOG is like Tigger at 1900 Park Fare. They stay stationary and guests come to them.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #45
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
The beast at BOG is like Tigger at 1900 Park Fare. They stay stationary and guests come to them.
When did Tigger become stationary? He always used to visit each table.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #46
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
When did Tigger become stationary? He always used to visit each table.
Even tiggers get old....

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:23 PM   #47
TeacherGrandma
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We just went there on Sunday night. I wasn’t crazy about the appetizer choices. The salad even tasted weird. Companions liked the lobster bisque. The filet was WONDERFUL. I’ll definitely return for that one! The trio of desserts was adorable. Best was the Chip cup with gray stuff. I do wish they would add some additional normal low-key appetizers.
TeacherGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #48
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

It is beauty and the beast, it's a castle, it is wonderfully themed. I think it is absolutely great to do it at least once for the experience. I might go back, but not anytime soon. I am more the Raglan Road type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
If you have not been......go and give it a try. You might end up pleasantly surprised. We go to BOG about once every 2 years. Its not a must do and see, but we will add it on occasion to mix things up. Last time we were there was 2 years ago and it was a spontaneous walk-up for lunch.

I believe it has always been that way, or at least that's how I remember it.
He does walk the main aisle into and out of some of the rooms and wave, but no he does not sit down and dine with you. (or come to the table).
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #49
Boundin'
Grand Villa

This is one restaurant that is off-limits for me. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner here and never had a good meal, always had terrible service, and last time I was there I got food poisoning.

I wish you could just do a walk-through because it is very pretty.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Turf and Surf and Turf
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC - all the good ones
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:40 AM   #50
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Well, this was a surprise. Looking for general MK dining availability and look what is available for BOG. 730p on 12/19/18. At this late date, a prime dinner hour! Guess that new dinner service is not so popular?

Add: Now you see it, now you don’t. This available time slot didn’t last long!

Last edited by nicsmom; 12-07-2018 at 02:11 AM.
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote