home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 11:05 AM   #11
Rigby
Two Bedroom

We got everything we wanted! Palo brunch, champagne tasting and mixology class, and the princess gathering. The only thing we wanted that was full already was the chocolate and liquor tasting. Gold snagged that one up. Thanks for all the advice!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #12
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
We got everything we wanted! Palo brunch, champagne tasting and mixology class, and the princess gathering. The only thing we wanted that was full already was the chocolate and liquor tasting. Gold snagged that one up. Thanks for all the advice!

Excellent!!!!

Looks like you are set for your cruise!!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #13
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I wouldn't mind checking out Atlantis sometime, but everybody who does seems to say it's underwhelming. All I can think of is the time we toured the aquarium at Mandalay Bay in Vegas and spent more money on that hour than one might at Sea World, and certainly Monterey Bay Aquarium.

If that's Atlantis, probably best to use the cruise and excursion money to fly to San Francisco for a week!

Dirk
Atlantis isn't bad, though it's overhyped.
Once I booked a night there on a DCL cruise, just so our boys could enjoy the water park area. As it turned out only one of them could go, but he had a great time! We just stopped by our room for a few minutes. After he was done with the water park we went back to the Wonder. There is a lot to do at Atlantis for a resort that is not connected to a theme park, but a couple nights there would be plenty.

I was in Vegas last month, and went to the Mandalay Bay for the Cirque Michael Jackson show. I didn't even notice they had an aquarium!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #14
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Congratulations! Now all you have to do is wait patiently for 90 days . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Well done!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Also, go as far with online check-in as you can right now. You can enter your ID information and your payment information. That way, all you need to do tomorrow (or 0:00 ET) is select your port adventures, dining and special events.
Quote:
Thank you! I think we'll book the brunch for that last at sea day.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about getting all of the check-in stuff done ahead of time. Going to get on that now.
Just passing along some new information I just received. You can no longer begin the online checkin before your booking window is actually open. Our window opens on the 17th, we are paid in full. I just had a live chat with a CM who informed me that due to a recent update early checkin is no longer possible.
I told the live chat individual to put me down as one who strongly dislikes this new update.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #17
Rigby
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Just passing along some new information I just received. You can no longer begin the online checkin before your booking window is actually open. Our window opens on the 17th, we are paid in full. I just had a live chat with a CM who informed me that due to a recent update early checkin is no longer possible.
I told the live chat individual to put me down as one who strongly dislikes this new update.
This was my experience as well.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #18
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Thanks for the update. That's fairly new as I was able to do that for my February 3 cruise.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote