home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 04:32 AM   #1
FCivish3
Studio

Default Using a Transfered Points

Everyone says you can’t use Transfered points to book online, because you can’t see them. Perhaps. I’ve never had Transferred points, so I don’t know.

BUT, if you go to make a reservation, about 3 steps into the process it pulls up the screen where you select allocation of points. Well, Down near the bottom, in the middle of the lower part of the page, there is a box that says something like, “Edit Usage of Points.” Now, just below that there is a line that says, “How are my vacation points taken?” If you click on that, it will list the order in which they will select your points. In specific, it shows that they will be taken in this order:

1st, Holding points
2nd, Banked
3rd, Borrowed
4th, Transferered
5th, Annual Point Allotment

Okay, so does this mean that if I have Transfered points (and if I know how many they are, whether or not I can see them) that I could choose NOT to Borrow points, and then it would use my Transfered points?

How would this work? Thanks for any comments.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

interested in the answer, but I am guessing you can see they if they match the use year of your account. Subscribing to find out.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Everyone says you can’t use Transfered points to book online, because you can’t see them. Perhaps. I’ve never had Transferred points, so I don’t know.

BUT, if you go to make a reservation, about 3 steps into the process it pulls up the screen where you select allocation of points. Well, Down near the bottom, in the middle of the lower part of the page, there is a box that says something like, “Edit Usage of Points.” Now, just below that there is a line that says, “How are my vacation points taken?” If you click on that, it will list the order in which they will select your points. In specific, it shows that they will be taken in this order:

1st, Holding points
2nd, Banked
3rd, Borrowed
4th, Transferered
5th, Annual Point Allotment

Okay, so does this mean that if I have Transfered points (and if I know how many they are, whether or not I can see them) that I could choose NOT to Borrow points, and then it would use my Transfered points?

How would this work? Thanks for any comments.
The order should be referring to any points you had *previously* borrowed. Same with previously banked. Not that it would take the transferred points over borrowing them. No matter, you cannot see them online.

At least I think this is what you are saying. It's early so I might be missing what you are asking

Last edited by helenabear; 12-04-2018 at 10:25 AM.
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Can not see even if they match UY. I transfer a lot. From my Aug to June UY and from SIL's June to my June UY. And you cannot see or use online. I think they have to be same UY AND same resort. But maybe not even those...I dunno.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #5
SAMAYA
Studio

I just made a booking but couldn't find the option to “Edit Usage of Points.”?

On the "Select Your Contracts" page it just listed my various contracts with a Back or Continue button below. When I select the contract and continue there is an Edit contracts button further on, and if I click on Edit it just takes me back to the "Select Your Contracts" page.

Possibly misunderstood the post or maybe I've missed something, so following this post.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
fuzzylogic
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I have a transfer and a booking at the moment.

Correct you cannot see the points. With the caveat that *if* your transferred points match the Resort and UY of your contracts, then you will see the points.

I transferred in BLT points in another UY. They do not show anywhere on my dashboard. However I was able to call and book my stay, and they had no problem spotting those and using them first. You can't even change it online. If I try to, it only recognizes MY points. The transferred points are there, because it's booked, but if I try to change it shows me mine and again ignores the transfer. Basically your transferred points are not in the system as points. They're a note in the Disney system and not much more than that. Someone needs to read that and apply the points to the stay.

I have transferred in twice and had no problem using them. Just can't do it online. Hope that helps!

Last edited by fuzzylogic; 12-04-2018 at 10:19 AM.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #7
FCivish3
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post

Correct you cannot see the points. With the caveat that *if* your transferred points match the Resort and UY of your contracts, then you will see the points.

I transferred in BLT points in another UY. They do not show anywhere on my dashboard. However I was able to call and book my stay, and they had no problem spotting those and using them first. You can't even change it online. If I try to, it only recognizes MY points. The transferred points are there, because it's booked, but if I try to change it shows me mine and again ignores the transfer. Basically your transferred points are not in the system as points. They're a note in the Disney system and not much more than that. Someone needs to read that and apply the points to the stay.

I have transferred in twice and had no problem using them. Just can't do it online. Hope that helps!
OK. So, even though it says it will take Transferred points as the fourth option, it actually does not take them and use them. You still apparently need to call member services.

If it will not take Transferred points automatically, then why do they even list them on the list? Clearly that list shows how the computer is supposed to be taking them with online reservations, Not with Reservations that you call in.

I think this is either an error in their program that should be corrected, or it is in preparation to a program change and addition that they are going to make in the future, that might offer us that possibility.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #8
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
OK. So, even though it says it will take Transferred points as the fourth option, it actually does not take them and use them. You still apparently need to call member services.

If it will not take Transferred points automatically, then why do they even list them on the list? Clearly that list shows how the computer is supposed to be taking them with online reservations, Not with Reservations that you call in.

I think this is either an error in their program that should be corrected, or it is in preparation to a program change and addition that they are going to make in the future, that might offer us that possibility.
Transferred IN points stays in a virtual contract so you can not see them. Looks like this is about to change with software update.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #9
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:

When you call in though, they need to be able to see the points and be able to use them.

Seems like they use the same “notes” on the screen we use and the one MS use.

They won’t make a change like that without a good enough reason. I doubt this qualifies. DVC don’t have their own IT department afaik, so any changes need to be important enough in the grand scheme of things to get approved. If they can’t get MDE to work glitch free, DVC sure as heck aren’t going to get a minor change like this through.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #10
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post

It seems to depend on what the CM does when transferring too as I just did that with some same year, same resort points and could not see them just as if they were a different UY or different resort.