home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Wink From blt to port canaveral (orlando)

We are flying into orlando and staying day before ar blt.

But then taking cruise to royal carribean (rci).

How is best way to get there. If we take a disney bus is there an easy way to get from disney to royal carribean Drop Off?

Or I was thinking maybe a bus back to mco, and then take rci bus to port canaveral?

Or rent a minivan one way?

Opinions please

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #2
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

We use Quicksilver to and from the Port.
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
We are flying into orlando and staying day before ar blt.

But then taking cruise to royal carribean (rci).

How is best way to get there. If we take a disney bus is there an easy way to get from disney to royal carribean Drop Off?

Or I was thinking maybe a bus back to mco, and then take rci bus to port canaveral?

Or rent a minivan one way?

Opinions please

Goldi
I don't think Disney transportation is an option, even if both sailings are on the same date. Getting from the Disney terminal to RCL's is also not easy and involves a lot of walking (and lugging luggage) in areas not designed for walking.

I would use a car service. We've used Happy Limo without a problem - great service, great vehicle, price within a couple of dollars of competitors. I've gotten to the point where on vacation, I prefer ease of transfer over lower cost, but we're a couple, so the economics are different than for a larger group!

If you don't mind some logistical hopping around, then either do Magical Express back to the airport (transporting your luggage on the bus so it doesn't get sucked into the Disney system) or do one way MiniVan rental from MCO to BLT to Port Canaveral. If you use Alamo/National/Enterprise - the drop-off at PC is the most convenient and they will quickly shuttle you to the RC terminal. If you do this, have whichever one of you drives drop everybody and luggage off at terminal and return the vehicle on their own so it's easier to quickly drop off and hope the shuttle back.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote