home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
mikemax32
Two Bedroom

Default Pre-conference one night stay

I believe that the stars are aligning for an extra day in the bubble. I have a conference in May at the Four Seasons (almost on property) and am thinking of coming in a day early and staying at a DVC. I have 20 2019 points that will likely expire because we have no 2020 Disney plans (we're planning to bank 2020 into 2021 and do a blowout stay for the 50th anniversary). The cost of most studios on Saturday in May is around 20 points. I have no issue letting 3 pts expire or borrowing 4 pts, so all available resorts are on the potential list.

I'm looking for opinions on where to stay for one night. I likely won't have a park ticket, but I know that there is plenty to do without one for a day. One other item to note: my sister is a character attendant, so I may have park access, but I won't know until much closer to the trip. I'll definitely have someone to hang out with at some point on Saturday.

My first thought was Boardwalk, since there's so much to do there (Beach Club is already Waitlisting). Then I thought about OKW or SSR to be closer to DS, but I could always catch a bus there from BW. AK Savannah view would be nice, as would the new CCV. I've never stayed at Poly..... decisions, decisions. What say you, O Wise MOs? TIA!

M.O.D. # 95 ~ AKA The Road from CT to WDW
2013 MO "Classic" Mountain FFL Champion
mikemax32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Whatever 20 points will get ya! For one night anywhere: SSR for Disney Springs also would consider one of the monorail locations since you might not have tickts.
WL would be relaxing option for pool.
Where is your sister a character attendant? Maybe close to that resort in case she can get tickets for you and hopefully it has extended hours! Good luck with planning. Keep us updated and want to know more about Character Attendant!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:06 AM   #3
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemax32 View Post
I believe that the stars are aligning for an extra day in the bubble. I have a conference in May at the Four Seasons (almost on property) and am thinking of coming in a day early and staying at a DVC. I have 20 2019 points that will likely expire because we have no 2020 Disney plans (we're planning to bank 2020 into 2021 and do a blowout stay for the 50th anniversary). The cost of most studios on Saturday in May is around 20 points. I have no issue letting 3 pts expire or borrowing 4 pts, so all available resorts are on the potential list.

I'm looking for opinions on where to stay for one night. I likely won't have a park ticket, but I know that there is plenty to do without one for a day. One other item to note: my sister is a character attendant, so I may have park access, but I won't know until much closer to the trip. I'll definitely have someone to hang out with at some point on Saturday.

My first thought was Boardwalk, since there's so much to do there (Beach Club is already Waitlisting). Then I thought about OKW or SSR to be closer to DS, but I could always catch a bus there from BW. AK Savannah view would be nice, as would the new CCV. I've never stayed at Poly..... decisions, decisions. What say you, O Wise MOs? TIA!
I think if it were me I'd probably end up at CCV. BRV is our home resort, so I'm partial to WL. I think I would enjoy spending time in the lobby if I didn't have park tickets, taking a ferry around Bay Lake, maybe getting off at the Contemporary and doing a monorail loop, etc.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
mikemax32
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Whatever 20 points will get ya! For one night anywhere: SSR for Disney Springs also would consider one of the monorail locations since you might not have tickts.
WL would be relaxing option for pool.
Where is your sister a character attendant? Maybe close to that resort in case she can get tickets for you and hopefully it has extended hours! Good luck with planning. Keep us updated and want to know more about Character Attendant!
My sister is usually at Epcot, but switches shifts all the time and can be at any park on any given day. She usually sends my wife pics each day of the characters she had that day. She was really excited to switch some shifts to MNSSHP during the last several weeks.

M.O.D. # 95 ~ AKA The Road from CT to WDW
2013 MO "Classic" Mountain FFL Champion
mikemax32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

If no ticket, I’d choose SSR and go to DTD.

With a ticket, I’d choose anywhere next to the park you plan on visiting.

Why borrow, just buy one time points if needed? Better to pay now and keep pts for later. One time points maybe $25/point when time comes down the road.

MOD 97
kiapgh23e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

I stayed at BWV for a pre-conference night in April 2014. I was on the last few days of an annual pass, so I spent a lovely night and morning at the F&G Festival. I didn't even go on any rides, and I loved it!
Old 11-04-2018, 09:51 PM   #7
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

If you do CCV you can pay for the RS lounge for just the 1 night and try it out. Or if you do SSR, close to DS for a night out. You could try out Poly and hit the lounge, what's it called...the tough one to get in? ALso, BLT would get you TOTWL to see fireworks. BWV or BCV gets you all on the boardwalk. AKV has animals and GREAT dining. If we can't go to the parks we prefer to not see the parks so maybe SSR, AKV or maybe CCV.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 at BLT, May 31- June 4 HHI and Sept 28- Oct 4 at BWV
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
If no ticket, Id choose SSR and go to DTD.

With a ticket, Id choose anywhere next to the park you plan on visiting.

Why borrow, just buy one time points if needed? Better to pay now and keep pts for later. One time points maybe $25/point when time comes down the road.