home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #31
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
One thing we are overlooking, is that "we" (meaning us on this group) are repeat visitors. The other 95% or whatever don't necessarily know that it isn't new to plow under groundcover to provide nitrogen, etc. So that stuff could still be new information.

Re: the Circle of Life movie...I thought that was a FANTASTIC movie with a great message. Even I, upon the 20th viewing, still hung my head upon leaving the theater and said I could do better.

Oh, well, what do I know.
FWIW, Awesome Planet will seemingly still convey a similar message and should be a good replacement.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #32
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Long range rumors.....take them with a grain of salt.

I can see the Seas Pavilion going away, because of the huge costs of operating. But the land Pavilion gets heavy use.....
I believe the Seas aquarium is still the 6th largest in the world and 2nd largest in the US (Georgia being the largest) and since it was built in the mid 80's it has 30+ years on it. It has got to be uber expensive to maintain and I doubt the rides and diving tours evening come close to recovering the cost. Heck they even seem to have issues making the restaurant a real sig experience. I would hate to see it go but frankly I liked it beast when it was Seabase Alpha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, I"m guessing the "internal documents" Corless is referring to are scribbled napkins from an Imagineering exec's cocktail party when the host threw out the question, "Hey, guys, what do you think will make the collective Internetz explode?"

The reliable posters on WDWMagic with proven track records of sharing inside information are saying The. Exact. Opposite..

Be careful of WDWNT.

Dirk
I know from experience in the semi conductor field several of those cocktail napkin type discussions turned in to patents some of which help fund my retirement. They seem wild at the time but it gets the gears turning and you never know where it might go.