home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #21
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
Well, that's an ongoing problem with building a Future World. The future just keeps changing. I wouldn't mind if much of Future World was redone. I don't feel attachment to the buildings themselves. I'm sure they could reinvent the space instead of two giant buildings separated by a long paved walk and lots of stairs. Have you seen the older concept art for the Land? Google around... There's some cool pics out there... But what we have instead is a nondescript big building.
I think the Land Pavilion actually has the best approach of all the pavilions. When it mean something, Imagination was really cool, too.

However, once you get inside the land Pavilion, it does look like a tired food court somewhere. Ironically, we actually enjoy crashing in the food court for awhile to recharge our batteries (physical not technological) over a beverage and a snack of some kind.

This last go-round, I really paid attention to The Seas and realized just how much it does offer. My problem is I'm so used to Monterey Bay Aquarium - and its setting - that Seas seems barren, but it does have several neat displays and the big aquarium isn't bad.

However, if the rumor is true, look for Manatee Steaks, Sea Turtle Soup, Dolphin Ribs, and Ray-burgers at the close-out sale in the restaurant.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:13 PM   #22
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

First, I hate the walk down to the Seas. Seems like there should be a direct path from the entrance (BTW, same with Ellens now GOG..).

Then, when I get there the "Nemo Ride" is just boring. But it is in AC so that is a plus.

I love watching the fish but they need a more regular dolphin show that is announced and maybe some other regularly scheduled dive actions.

The manatees area seem just dirty so I hate going in there.

That leaves the obligatory picture of little kids in Bruce the Sharks mouth, the science area with sea horses and bunches of little Nemo's, and then there is Turtle Talk with Crush...

I love the aquarium and the AC..the rest is just blah to us.

The Land however is different. I can ride living with the land and get AC and watch them grow amazing plants in ways I had not considered (the tomato tree, the gourd haning, a Mickey Head Pumpkin!). I with they somehow used the glassed in science rooms better and I prefered a real live guide to the recording...but still ride it regularly.

Soarin is Soarin. Good ride. Terrible new film with the issue on vertical items in the film bending but still fun.

And I love the Pork Chop, Potatoes, Veggie with tons of BBQ sauce....... Great Quick Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I think the Land Pavilion actually has the best approach of all the pavilions. When it mean something, Imagination was really cool, too.

However, once you get inside the land Pavilion, it does look like a tired food court somewhere. Ironically, we actually enjoy crashing in the food court for awhile to recharge our batteries (physical not technological) over a beverage and a snack of some kind.

This last go-round, I really paid attention to The Seas and realized just how much it does offer. My problem is I'm so used to Monterey Bay Aquarium - and its setting - that Seas seems barren, but it does have several neat displays and the big aquarium isn't bad.

However, if the rumor is true, look for Manatee Steaks, Sea Turtle Soup, Dolphin Ribs, and Ray-burgers at the close-out sale in the restaurant.

Dirk

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #23
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
The boat tour could use some updating too in the Land and adding a new show might be nice.
For what it's worth, they are planning to put in an "Awesome Planet" movie to replace the closed "Circle of Life." As for the boat ride... you want updates? You mean you don't want to hear about the innovative and cutting edge agricultural techniques.... from 1987?
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 PM   #24
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

That area of Epcot is rather stale, so I could see this. Given that you can't really do "future" anything at this point unless you commit to rebuilding/retheming it every 5-15 years, which is difficult when it takes them (at times) 3+ years to build anything.

That being said it is rather said because diving in the aquarium is an amazing thing to do.

Let's be honest at this point Epcot is just a big alcohol and food area with a few rides thrown in. I can only imagine how difficult it will be to score a FP for GOTG given how difficult it often is now for Soarin. With any luck it will have a single rider line.
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:42 PM   #25
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

Not sure how I feel about it. The Living Seas needs some updating. But, some of the tours there are wonderful! We did the snorkeling in January...excellent.

I love the Land. But, it is getting tired. And agree that the traffic flow is awful.

I just hope they don’t continue to dumb it down. Not every park needs a kiddie ride like Nemo. Would like to see it return to cutting edge technology of the day (today) with some nostalgia looped in. Entertainment with a dab of education is my thing.

Last thought...and while Circle of Life was very tired, it did tell a story from whence we came. Younger visitors likely have no idea about the level of pollution that once existed and how we worked our way out of it (for some part). Its a story worth mentioning in any discussion of the planet.

Last edited by nrspepe; 05-28-2019 at 04:49 PM.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #26
BLTMouse
Studio

They just spent a lot of money putting the third theater in for Soarin'. Tearing it down isn't logical.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #27
cali09
Two Bedroom

From the article:

"As part of Phase 2 of the park’s overhaul, Disney would demolish both The Seas and The Land pavilions in favor of new offerings. This would not be a reutilization of the existing pavilions, rather, both would be completely bulldozed."

"The Land pavilion is currently home to Living with the Land and Soarin’, with a new film called Awesome Planet debuting inside in January 2020. Soarin’ would most likely receive its own dedicated entrance and remain after the rest of the pavilion is torn down."

Seems like what WDWNT needs is a good copy editor that understands the meaning of the word "completely."

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #28
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
From the article:

"As part of Phase 2 of the park’s overhaul, Disney would demolish both The Seas and The Land pavilions in favor of new offerings. This would not be a reutilization of the existing pavilions, rather, both would be completely bulldozed."

"The Land pavilion is currently home to Living with the Land and Soarin’, with a new film called Awesome Planet debuting inside in January 2020. Soarin’ would most likely receive its own dedicated entrance and remain after the rest of the pavilion is torn down."

Seems like what WDWNT needs is a good copy editor that understands the meaning of the word "completely."
I’d recommend understanding the difference between fiction and nonfiction.

That site is the kind of site that is totally useless because it can be useful and then runs off the rails for clicks like this. What’s legit and what’s shoddy? If you have to ask, time to go elsewhere.

Dirk

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:42 PM   #29
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk

I think I read there are something like 6 million gallons of water in the tanks. Maybe they could have a once in a lifetime tsunami “ experience” too?

As far as The Land goes, not only is Awesome Planet debuting, but the USDA hydroponics research that happens there would have to be completely closed down. As one of those reliable sources said, demo-ing The Land would mean burning a lot of bridges.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #30
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

One thing we are overlooking, is that "we" (meaning us on this group) are repeat visitors. The other 95% or whatever don't necessarily know that it isn't new to plow under groundcover to provide nitrogen, etc. So that stuff could still be new information.

Re: the Circle of Life movie...I thought that was a FANTASTIC movie with a great message. Even I, upon the 20th viewing, still hung my head upon leaving the theater and said I could do better.

Oh, well, what do I know.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote