home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 01:05 AM   #41
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post

Still cannot figure out why they didnít continue with this plan going forward. All new resorts since then have had the split bath just like the older resorts.

In general the split bathroom is ok but once you add that 3rd, 4th and 5th person only 1 toilet becomes an issue. That second real bathroom is a very nice amenity.
I know you were speaking specifically about WDW resorts, but VGC has the extra bathroom as well. Aulani dedicated 2 bedrooms have an extra half bath. Not quite the same as an extra bathroom, but still better than not having it at all. I wish the one bedroom units there had that extra half bath.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:28 AM   #42
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
I know you were speaking specifically about WDW resorts, but VGC has the extra bathroom as well. Aulani dedicated 2 bedrooms have an extra half bath. Not quite the same as an extra bathroom, but still better than not having it at all. I wish the one bedroom units there had that extra half bath.
VGC and Aulani are not on my radar and did not realize this so thank you. Makes sense though since they were actively building these resorts shortly after they started selling BLT and Kidani so would be in that same era. Seems to be a very popular feature that they have abandoned. Still a head scratcher.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #43
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
With the daily are-you-building-a-meth-lab checks, I find the staff happy to hand over stuff that we aren't "supposed" to get. Mostly just coffee... never asked for detergent however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

We asked for kitchen towels and got them.
Same here. They come in every day and ask if we need anything, most days we donít but are more than happy to provide.