home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 AM   #11
Loro
Grand Villa

I will go outside the box here and say... whichever one will give you the best time and less stress around planning for. If March will give you less recovery/prep time around going then maybe July would be better? Either way the crowds will be there, just avoid anything around Easter.

If heat bothers you too much I'd avoid July though. I've gone in July and August and it can get brutal at times. With proper planning though I find the heat a non-issue (keeping hydrated with lots of ice water out of the ole filter bottles, cooling towels, air-conditioning/pool breaks, etc.). That's more of an individual/family preference thing though.
Loro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #12
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Another vote for March.

March = Flower and Garden Festival
July = Tour Groups and really hot
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #13
NyNcOkw
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Due to a restrictive schedule due to school calendars, sports and band commitments, we have traveled to Disney almost every summer over the last few years (June, July and Aug). While it is hot, we really enjoyed this time of year in the past due to the late Park Hours. Although, in the last few years the nighttime hours have been drastically reduced and the experience is simply not the same for us. Before all the summertime park hour reductions, we would hit the Parks in the am, relax in the afternoons and return back to the parks later at night when they were open to ~12-1AM (or later) consistently. Now with parks closing at ~9-10pm most nights and with the summer rains, our summer trips feel a bit more stressed. With the reduction of Park Hours in the summer combined with the usual afternoon rain storms, I would now pick March hands down with the exception (as others have stated) if your Spring Break is the week before or after Easter.
NyNcOkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #14
Perelandra
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Wow! March seems to be almost, if not, unanimous. I wasn't sure, as there has been some talk of Summer crowds falling off and Spring and Fall crowds really increasing, but the response seems pretty clear.
Perelandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Yet another vote for March. No redeeming value to July, though of course Id go then too given the opportunity.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:35 PM   #16
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
March 22 is the earliest possible for Easter. We saw the 23rd in 2008 but no March dates until 2024 and even then it's the 31st. Passover will be different at times though. Well see it begin March 27 in 2021
Yeah, I only look at the calendar 9 months at a time Those late March/early April Easters are probably the most crowded...my DD was born on Spring Break (April 24) and we went to WDW last year for her birthday. The crowds weren't nearly as bad as previous year Spring Breaks that were earlier. Ours always fall on Good Friday & the week after Easter regardless of when the holidays fall.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote